Project Coordinator/Staff Assistant II
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
- This position will manage day-to-day affairs and serve as key liaison person with key personnel from both U.S.G. entities as well as foreign governments.
- The position assists other staff in coordinating the production of information and materials including quality control and paper flow (e.g., written policy guidance, strategy, information and action memoranda, texts of speeches and articles, congressional testimony, talking points, and background information related to particular negotiations or other efforts in resolving problematic interagency or international relationships).
- This position will also ensure timely action by relevant managers and staff on action items received requiring action by the Coordinator; reviews draft materials and makes or suggests changes as appropriate, anticipating questions likely to be raised.
- This position shall review documents and incoming mail for content in order to assign appropriate action/distribution within the CT Front Office.
- Receives and makes the appropriate disposition of a high volume of incoming requests from officials in and outside the Department for meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, and attendance at major public forums. Coordinates such requests with relevant staff to ensure timely action is taken on all requests.
- Ensures that appropriate material requiring action is brought to the attention of the Principles and Deputies. Likewise ensures that information and guidance emanating from the Coordinator is promptly conveyed to the other staff.
- Prioritizes tasking requests for memoranda and other information in accordance with directives of the Department’s Executive Secretariat and under appropriate Government supervision.
- Also, tracks and monitors the status of memoranda and correspondence within the bureau.
- Reviews all outgoing documents for proper format, consistency, grammatical accuracy, completeness, and alacrity, makes necessary directions or returns to originator for changes.
- This position also advises CT personnel of overdue items, upcoming deadlines, the priority of issues and format of materials required for the Office’s mission in accordance with Department of State Regulations and under appropriate Government supervision.
- The incumbent must work with minimal supervision and deal directly and effectively with senior officials of the Department and interagency management.
- A thorough knowledge of the organizational structure of the State Department and Bureau of Counterterrorism as well as the role of each Front Office staff person combined with comprehensive understanding of the paper flow process to/from the Executive Secretariat, the Secretariat, the Operations Center and the 7th floor Principals is required.
- Ability to perform the following tasks under the conditions as described: Assignments involve simultaneous processing of numerous and different responsibilities and tasking within stringent deadlines. Challenges include meeting deadlines without compromising quality control standards. Document review, distribution, and processing require general substantive understanding of the subject matter and the priority attached to the subject matter by the Bureau and Department principal officials. Shifting priorities, breakdowns in communication and the inaccessibility of key signatories often obscure courses of action. Decisions must be made concerning the acceptability of bypassing normally essential requirements in situations where streamlining the process is necessary.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance and term life insurance
- 401(K) with safe harbor contribution
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Tuition and career development assistance
- A selection of voluntary benefits
HunaTek Government SolutionsWashington, DC View All HunaTek Government Solutions Jobs
Get fresh Project Coordinator/Staff Assistant II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.