Social Worker - SCOPE Mental Health Service
- Expired: November 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Social Worker to join our SCOPE Mental Health Service . This position acts as the primary point of contact between Primary Care Providers (PCP), patients and a psychiatrist. Communicates directly with PCPs to assist with resource finding and referral recommendations, as well as works directly with patients to offer: needs assessment, psychoeducation, system navigation, brief case management and informal bridging counselling support. It supports follow-up for patients and PCPs and provides patient advocacy.
Employment Status: Temporary Part Time (up to 12 months)
Hours of work: Day shifts – Monday to Friday (3 full days Week 1, 4 full days Week 2)
Hourly Rate Range: $40.94-$50.96/hour
Employee Group: OPSEU 590
Location: Wilson Site – Cross Site Coverage may be required
- Assessment of patients for the purpose of evaluating the need for service, the nature of the problem and formulating recommendations or treatment plans
- Assessment of acute/crisis needs
- Triage for acuity, diagnosis and treatment recommendations
- Assist PCPs and patients with service navigation and connecting patients with appropriate resources
- Brief, time-limited individual telephone/video and/or in-person bridging support (emotional support/case management/care coordination)
- Utilizing Brief Solution Focused counselling
- Applying principles of recovery and self-help
- Liaising with appropriate community agencies
- Work closely with designated HRH consulting psychiatrists
- Provide summary of intervention and recommendation to PCP
- MSW obtained from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Current membership with OASW and OCSWSSW.
- Certification in the prevention and management of aggressive behaviour is an asset.
- Two (2-3) years recent experience in mental health and addiction facility or setting required
- Demonstrated knowledge of community mental health resources required
- Ability to work independently but seek consultation when needed
- Demonstrated skills in individual counselling
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as a part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast paced/changing environment
- Understanding of and experience in Trauma Informed Care is required
- Demonstrates cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good word processing skills including electronic medical record, MS Office required
- Experience , familiarity and comfort, with technology-assisted healthcare delivery, specifically video conferencing using various platforms and devices preferred
- Excellent attendance and a discipline free record is required
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, programs and issues related to social welfare institutions and services
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in th Save is job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the OPSEU 590 collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Humber River Hospital
AddressGreater Toronto Area, ON
Get fresh Hospital Social Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!