Employee Benefit Account Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, KMRD, is seeking an Employee Benefits Account Specialist to join their team.
The Employee Benefits Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day administration to assist the Account Managers on the block of business of employee benefits clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Assist Account Managers on designated renewals; prepare RFPs, collect and review competitive proposals, prepare renewal presentations illustrating market offerings
- Provide administrative support to Benefits Team and support all Benefits Team members
- Escalate client concerns to Account Manager when appropriate
- Maintain data integrity and quality with any applicable technology platforms in a timely manner
- Generate interest in additional lines of coverage and cross serving opportunities
- Assist Benefit Consultants with open enrollment meetings
- Assist Benefit Consultants with new client set-up, renewals and open enrollment meetings
- Keep updated on applicable legislation and market trends
- Keep updated on employee benefits compliance
- Gain knowledge of enrollment systems and become expert
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and related programs
- Work closely with Account Executive, Account Managers and Producer to ensure client needs are met and fully communicated throughout the team.
PEOPLE & TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrates KMRD Partner’s people and leadership values and behaviors.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow up on schedules, set priorities and achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrates a real sense of inquiry and a personal willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates the ability to take responsible actions within the parameters of the role without a constant need to be directed by others.
- Abides by KMRD Partner’s Code of Conduct and builds trusted partnerships throughout the organization.
- Works daily to improve workplace safety and health; establishes and maintains effective relationships by gaining trust and respect.
- Is approachable and easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patient and builds a rapport with employees and business partners and is a good listener.
- Is a team player, has the trust and support of peers and promotes collaboration within departments.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail.
Role Specific Competencies:
Organizational Understanding & Thinking - Demonstrates an understanding of the organization in its entirety and works to achieve results across disciplines, departments and functions. Develops and maintains supportive relationships across the organization.
Mediation/Conflict Resolution - Mediates difficult employee relations and/or other interactions as neutral party. Partners with leaders to create conflict resolution strategies and processes for overcoming resistance to change.
Problem Solving/Analysis - Considers multiple sides of an issue; weighs consequences before making final decision. Makes informed decisions based on available information. Recognizes issues, and determines actions needed to advance the decision making process. Follows up as necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Strive to obtain and Maintain active Life & Health Agents License.
- BA/BS in business administration, risk management, human resources management, or related field. Industry certifications are a plus. Three to five years of employee benefits account management experience in the middle market segment.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), strong oral and written communication skills, current licensing in appropriate lines of authority; and proficient in the use of appropriate technology.
- Must have familiarity with carrier products and underwriting guidelines.
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions.
- Must be a flexible thinker with an ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment. Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to KMRD’s vision and mission. Excellent administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Humareso