We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist SLP for a full-time position working with K-12 students in the Delta, CO area during the 2019-2020 school year. Eligible candidates must be a licensed/certified Speech Language Pathologist in the state of Colorado and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have ASHA certification or Praxis II Speech-Language Pathology Exam.
- Master's Degree in Communication Disorders or Speech-Language Pathology.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and favorable driving record required.
- Previous experience as an SLP, preferred.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Conduct evaluations and reevaluations to determine initial/continuing eligibility for special education
- Participate as a member of IEP teams and develop IEPs for students receiving SLP services.
- Provide specially designed instruction and/or related services for eligible students.
- Participate in building based teams and work cooperatively with school staff in planning appropriate
interventions for eligible students.
- Work collaboratively with other district SLPs regarding service delivery models, program/building
assignments, staff development, and other related issues.
- Address personal, social, emotional, academic, and vocational needs which impact educational goals.
- Support the interrelationships across the language processes of listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.