We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with middle and high school students in the Chicago, IL area. Eligible candidates must have their Professional Educator License (PEL) with Type LBS1/Special Education Endorsement in the State of Illinois.
- Must have Professional Educator License (PEL) with Type LBS1/Special Education Endorsement in the State of Illinois.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
Why work with Humanus?
• Establish a relationship with one of the nation's largest referral agencies for behavioral-health.
• Payments processed biweekly.
• Increase or decrease your schedule at your discretion: choose opportunities that best fit your schedule.
• Ability to grow professionally.
• Access to a broad array of client opportunities.
Here at Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We work collectively to become the liaison between our partners and our network of professionals – We help professionals find positions that will allow them to do what they love. We provide our partners with solutions and support. And most importantly, we improve the lives of our students and consumers by giving them the love and care that they deserve.
Together, we can create flourishing environments where students and consumers have the educational, therapeutic, and behavioral support that will help them achieve success and personal growth.