We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with students in a "virtual drop in" location in the Philadelphia, PA area. This teacher would be working in large group settings, 1 on 1 settings, and small group settings. This is a classroom space where students drop in for support with their online courses and school work; similar to a resource classroom setting. Eligible candidates must be a certified special education teacher in the state of PA and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a certified Special Education Teacher in Pennsylvania.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Candidates proficient in math are preferred.
- Basic instruction
- Provide specific help with course work that is troubling students
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.