We are currently seeking Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) for full and part-time positions working one on one with students with special needs in the Pewaukee, WI area. Personal Care Assistant will function as educational, emotional, and/or behavioral support for the student throughout their school day.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teacher and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.