We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one on one with a student in the Warminster, PA area. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma, up-to-date clearances, and be CPI certified.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year).
- Must be CPI certified.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Previous experience working with special education students is preferred.
- Able and willing to work with difficult behaviors, and have a relaxed and humorous personality.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teacher and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.