Out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)? We are hiring and need your help getting food and supplies to local stores and grocery stores!
Freight Handler - Unload boxes off container/truck by hand, stack and build pallets, shrink wrap pallet for storage.
- Pay: Base Pay + Incentive (Earn up to $15.00/hour or more production)
- Schedule: Monday - Friday (occasional weekends)
- 1st Shift 6:00am start time
- Direct-hire job, not a temp agency. Benefits & PTO offered
For more information or to schedule an interview call 909-786-5066
Reporting directly to the Supervisor or Site Manager, the Material Handler is responsible for unloading freight, with or without manual or powered equipment in a safe and efficient manner, at the direction of the Supervisor and/or Operations Management. Using manual operations and applicable material handling equipment the position is charged with the movement of freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor.
- Unload and break down freight onto good wood pallets, in compliance with the SOP and at a pace that meets or exceeds productivity goals and standards
- Sort and organize freight by PO# and SKU#
- May be required to break down freight to Ti-Hi form
- May inclu
- de operating various types of material handling equipment
- May include sorting, repacking and labeling, pallet repair, and other duties
- Work functions noted above will include travel to work area, area preparation and materials readiness at task start, as well as completion activities of cleanup and documentation closure. There will be a time allotment of up to no more than 20 minutes between jobs so as to ensure a smooth transition between work tasks.
(Duties and responsibilities may be changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.)
- 1 year previous warehouse experience preferred
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work
- The ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse environment – continuously lifting and moving up to 75lbs
- The ability to meet fast-paced Client service, productivity goals and standards
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays AND work overtime, without advanced notice
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds in a team-lift capacity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions, including hot and cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is and can be loud. Employees are encouraged to advise their site manager in the event any of these conditions are adversely impacting them physically and/or impacting their ability to productively perform.
Why Work Here?About us: We formed Humano to create an environment for smart, hardworking and passionate individuals to flourish - while ultimately providing our clients with results that significantly improve their Supply Chain Operations. We are a group of individuals coming together to form a Team to be different and do extraordinary things.
Our Associates are Our Most Valuable Asset