Community Vaccine Clinic Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $19 Hourly
Coordinate all logistics and activities for HRA’s community vaccine clinics (on and off-site).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Medical Admin Manager and Director of Community Medicine and Surgery to establish goals and mission for the community vaccine clinics with a focus on expanding access to affordable veterinary care.
- Create and implement data-gathering tools to objectively measure services provided, the number of clients and pets served, and revenue across many different factors and utilize the results of data to recommend strategic adjustments to achieve established goals.
- Coordinate all staffing, logistics, and activities for community vaccine clinics. Act as the main point of contact for community vaccine clinics.
- Obtain, print, and post permits for scheduled off-site events as necessary.
- Maintain full on and offsite event schedule. Add events to appropriate forums.
- Provide updates on scheduled clinics as needed to the HRA staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all client communication hand-outs and online postings are up to date with the latest medical guidance, contain all services offered, and are accessible.
- Actively implement creative ways to maximize the success of the community vaccine clinics.
- Train and grow an engaged group of medical vaccine clinic volunteers.
- Perform administrative and technical duties as needed at the clinics.
- Work closely with other HRA departments to ensure a holistic, collaborative approach to off-site vaccine clinics.
- Always represent HRA in a professional and courteous manner. Provide quality service to the public, volunteers, and employees recognizing their individual contributions to the success of the organization.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe and humane animal restraint and handling techniques.
- Knowledge of vaccinology and recommended medical guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Knowledge of general animal safety practices, including the ability to recognize animal behavior patterns.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn animal shelter procedures and protocols.
- Passion for preserving the human-animal bond.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer-service orientation. Ability to communicate effectively, courteously, and professionally with a variety of individuals representing the public, board members, volunteers, donors, and employees.
- Proficient in computer programs including Microsoft Office programs and email, database management software, payment processing.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures. Ability to be flexible, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize.
- A team-oriented and collaborative approach to work, with an ability to bring out the best in peers. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to gather information from colleagues.
- Ability to routinely work evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled. Current scheduling includes weekly Saturday on- or off-site clinics.
- Passion for the Humane Rescue Alliance mission, for caring for all animals regardless of age, breed, temperament, or species, and supporting and educating members of the public, free of judgment or bias.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Willingness and ability to drive HRA vehicles of various types and sizes.
- HRA requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption applies. New employees must submit proof of full vaccination, or request for a medical or religious exemption, before their first day of work in HRA’s workplace. Employees receiving a medical or religious exemption will be required to submit a weekly, time-stamped, negative COVID test to HR.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted regularly, 50+ pounds assisted.
- Ability to be comfortable working with cats, dogs, small animals, reptiles, fish and wildlife.
- Ability to be comfortable working in a medical environment, with the associated sights, sounds and smells.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity daily, including but not limited to: lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting and bending. Regularly moves about the facilities to coordinate work. Typically stands, bends, stoops and crouches while working special events.
- Due to nature of shelter work, may be exposed to deceased, fractious, or aggressive animals; common allergens; hostile or irate persons; zoonotic or other diseases; unpleasant noises, odors, or sights; and extreme temperatures.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical veterinary medical experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a fast-paced customer service role.
- Experience working or volunteering in an animal shelter or related field is preferred but not required.
Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A salary premium may be offered for multilingual candidates who demonstrate proficiency in written and oral testing.
HRA is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, citizenship status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
Humane Rescue Alliance
GovernmentView all jobs at Humane Rescue Alliance