- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
The Humane Rescue Alliance (HRA) is excited to announce that we will be holding open interviews for Animal Caregiver and Customer Care Associate positions every Monday from 1pm-3pm! To be eligible to participate, candidates must have:
- Completed the Open Interview Form.
- Applied to the Animal Caregiver or Customer Care Associate job posting.
- 2-3 references (including one from a current or former supervisor) ready and available to present to the hiring manager at the time of the interview.
Responsible for providing a high standard of care and humane handling for all shelter animals and maintaining a safe and sanitary facility for animals and people. Ensures all animals’ nutrition, housing, enrichment and other care needs are met on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean, disinfect, and maintain all animal housing spaces on a daily and continuous basis, adhering to HRA Standard Operating Procedures and protocols for animal care, kennel maintenance, sanitation, parasite and disease control, and other animal care practices
- Provide appropriate diet, clean water, and enrichment to all animals according to SOPs and as directed by management and medical personnel
- Monitor animals’ health and behaviors, and record observations at least daily according to SOP. Report signs of illness and behavior concerns as directed to appropriate personnel.
- Record clear and concise notes regarding animal behavior and care in PetPoint
- Move animals around the facility as directed by animal care management team and ensure that all animal locations and stages are correctly entered into PetPoint
- Keep all animal areas stocked with food, litter, cleaning supplies, and other essential items, informing Managers when items need replenishment or repair
- Put away deliveries and donations of animal care and cleaning supplies throughout the day as they are delivered
- Maintain the cleanliness of common and public areas assigned to the Animal Care team
- Provide guidance and assistance to HRA volunteers and community service workers
- Read HRA email daily, responding in a timely manner when appropriate
- Report maintenance/repair issues to animal care department management
- Any other duties as assigned by Animal Care Managers, Sr. Director of Operations, or VP of Operations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Willingness to work with cats, dogs, small animals, reptiles, fish and wildlife
- Ability to work out of doors in all weather conditions
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team and across HRA departments
- Ability to manage the emotional aspect of work in an animal shelter environment in a positive, professional manner
- Ability to travel between the DC campuses
- HRA requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. New employees must submit proof of full vaccination, or request for medical or religious exemption, before their first day of work in HRA’s workplace. Employees receiving a medical or religious exemption will be required to submit a weekly, time-stamped, negative COVID test to HR
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted regularly, 50+ pounds assisted
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including but not limited to: lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, standing, squatting and bending. Regularly moves about the facilities to coordinate work.
- Due to nature of shelter work, may be exposed to deceased, fractious, or aggressive animals; hostile or irate persons; zoonotic or other diseases; allergens; unpleasant noises, odors, or sights; and extreme temperatures.
Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A salary premium may be offered for multilingual candidates who demonstrate proficiency in written and oral testing.
HRA is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, citizenship status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
Humane Rescue Alliance
AnimalView all jobs at Humane Rescue Alliance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?