Humane Indiana is located in Highland, IN. We are currently seeking a Lab Technician to join our growing team! If you want to work for a friendly and vocal vet, this is the right place for you.
- Responsible for the care and quality of life of shelter animals. Adheres to disease prevention protocols, safety protocols, and cleaning protocols from HI Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for performing physical examination of all incoming and outgoing animals within HI as well as facilitating the vaccination, deworming, microchipping and any other preventative health measure for all HI animals.
- Work with Shelter Veterinarian to treat a wide range of medical issues and illnesses within the shelter animal population and act the Shelter Veterinarian’s assistant.
- Ensures job task lists are completed daily and submitted to the Shelter Director. Ensures tasks are completed and are able to meet timeline deadlines.
- Collaborates with the Kennel Technicians regarding the health of shelter animals and medical needs that need to be met.
- Collaborates with Intake Coordinators to ensure proper planning of incoming animal examinations and vaccinations, foster vaccinations, and rescue placement.
- Collaborates with Adoption Counselors to perform examinations on animals prior to being adopted and preparing and dispensing any needed medications as per the Shelter Veterinarian’s prescribing orders.
- Assists Shelter Veterinarian in ordering supplies by keeping inventory of all medical supplies.
- Maintains excellent staff motivation techniques, basic training skills, and mediation skills
- Education: High School Diploma required; Associate Degree or Veterinarian Technician Certification Preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working in animal medicine.
- Lab, behavior and/or shelter experience a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills and effectively lead a team based environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- Must have strong computer and technology skills.