Registered Nurse – Telephonic Case Manager – RN Case Manager
Attention Registered Nurses! Would you enjoy an opportunity to Work at Home?
Humana At Home is a division of Humana that is dedicated to helping adults remain independent in their homes. Our nurses are titled Care Managers, because our case management services are centered on the person rather than the condition. We contact members with chronic conditions by phone to assess and support their health, offering education, identifying resources, and helping remove barriers to achieving health and independence. All of our RN Care Managers telecommute, working from a dedicated home office space.
We have immediate openings for RN’s - Nurse Case Managers. Apply Today!
Click here for a “day in the life” preview of the Care Manager position
- Telephonically assess Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, and/or and Group Account members in seven domains of functioning
- Evaluate member needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state
- Guide members and their families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members
- Assess member’s physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues and work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, employing a variety of strategies/techniques to manage appropriately and provide timely intervention
- Active Registered Nurse (R.N.) license with no disciplinary action.
- Seasoned professional nurse with a minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and expertise as evidenced by providing intervention to manage a variety chronic conditions, including development and implementation of individualized care planning.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills as evidenced by ability to navigate multiple systems, utilizing dual computer monitors.
- Provide autonomous decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving related to periodic system issues.
- Experience with Microsoft and Excel.
- Capacity to manage multiple or competing priorities including use of multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective problem solving and appropriate application of clinical knowledge
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home-office to ensure you and your members have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance from Humana systems is 10M x 1M
- Able to work 40 hours per week between the hours of 8am-8pm EST with occasional Saturdays. Work schedule to be determined after offer is made and is in EST time.
- Associates working in the state of Arizona must comply with the Tobacco Free Hiring Policy (see details below under Additional Information) and upon offer will be subjected to nicotine testing as part of a 10-panel drug test
- Bachelor’s (BSN) or Master’s (MSN) degree in nursing or equivalent.
- Previous adult chronic conditions care management.
- Previous experience in care management.
- Knowledge of complex care management and care management principles.
- Experience with motivational interviewing.
- Experience with MCG or CMS guidelines, assessment and documentation practice.
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Must be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance. See Additional Information on testing.
- Case management certification.
- Hold an active Compact nursing license