Treatment Foster Care Program Manager-Bedford
HumanKind Bedford, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HumanKind has served many Virginia communities since 1903. Our story began as a Presbyterian Orphanage in Lynchburg, home of the legendary Shoeless Wonders and we continue to build on more than 100 years of faithful service to strengthen the individuals, children and families all across the Commonwealth.
Full-time position with benefits including Medical; Dental; Vision; 403(b) Retirement and employer match; Flexible Spending Account; Health Reimbursement Account; Tuition Reimbursement; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; Life and AD & D Insurance.
Key responsibilities for the Treatment Foster Care Program Manager include:
- Program marketing and presentation
- Foster parent recruitment, training and support
- Case management
- Office & staff management
- Develop working relationships with Department of Social Services agencies in Central Virginia
- Prepare for licensure review visits
- Arrange pre-placement and placement visits
- Complete applications, conduct home assessments and interviews of potential foster parents
- Advocate for children’s best interests
Flexible schedule is a must as weekends and evenings will be required along with 24 hour on-call availability and the ability to work independently.
- Doctorate or Masters of Social Work from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Candidates must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field and five years’ experience providing casework services to children and families.
- Knowledge of Virginia Foster Care standards
- Foster care experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Complete all required background checks
- Successfully pass drug test
HumanKind embraces and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented workforce in a culture where all employees contribute to their fullest potential.
Upcoming federal mandates and HumanKind policy will likely require that all HumanKind employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the near future. All applicants who are not currently vaccinated should consider this when applying.
HealthcareView all jobs at HumanKind