EDI Support Specialist
HumanEdge Iselin, NJ
- Posted: 6 days ago
The EDI/IT Support Specialist position, reporting to the VP of Operations, is responsible for all aspects of customer and other third-party portal management, provide Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) support between warehouses, internal systems between IT HQ, and 3rd party partners. In addition, this position will support the North America subsidiary with systems and server maintenance via HQ, computer set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades, and other maintenance as necessary or as directed by HQ IT.
- EDI compliance management
- Coordinate and monitor EDI compliance of the 3PL warehouses
- Liaison with HQ - as well as independently manage, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve EDI system and transaction issues
- Big Box Store Support (Macy’s, BBB, Amazon etc.)
- Detailed Knowledge of order, Invoice, ASN transaction integration, and Label Generation
- Knowledge of EDI GTIN / Case level Support) GS1 Portal integration.
- Manage 3rd party and in-house EDI integration with our HQ EDI Team
- Coordinate with HQ new accounts and new item set-up.
- Monitor the inbound and outbound documents
- Communicates with trading partners(customers) to resolve any operational issues
- Follows directions as necessary for completing error corrections or transmission issues.
- Coordinate mailbox errors with HQ or third party EDI partner
- Maintains EDI documentation and filing system to facilitate EDI
- Reviews reports and log files daily
- Company Key Power User
- Manage all vendor portals
- Monitor transactions and related alerts
- Item set-up and item maintenance
- Portal communication to appropriate personnel
- Troubleshoot/resolve root cause of alerts
- Develop and maintain Portal SOPs
- Distribute and train staff on SOPs
- Support VP of Operations with data maintenance and data integrity within company systems
- Generate bar code labels for warehouses for repacking when necessary (Bartender – is the name of the software)
- Interacts with company employees to help to resolve IT related issues and provides expert support in a timely manner.
- Train staff to ensure that they can competently use computer software, hardware, and 3rd party portals
- All maintenance support (pc, mac, iPad, iPhone, Droid, on-site/remote workstations)
- Monitors all phone system and security system changes and/or upgrades and/or create user accounts
- Set-up computers for new employees
- Coordinate the administration and maintenance of all IT systems, hardware, and software:
- Troubleshoot issues, Proper storage of company data, Local and wide area networks, etc.
- Works with headquarters to troubleshoot and support ERP/AS400 system, Easy Archive
- Support/coordinate with EU HQ when necessary
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating EOS (electronic order system) from client support to requesting changes to improve functionality of the system. Coordinates and monitors all back-end systems issues and requests with Austria and Germany.
Bachelor’s degree in business, math, or computer science
- Minimum of 3 years related Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and portal management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of information technology experience, preferably in manufacturing/distribution industry
- Amazon, Big Box Retail experience preferred
- Software: AS/400, Bartender, Office 365, Microsoft Products, Windows
- Hardware: Apple Products, Standard PCs, Laptops, Desktops
- Superior Client/Customer Focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Super user on various systems with technical capabilities
- Excellent Project and Time Management and Organization Skills
- International travel when required
HumanEdgeWhy Work Here?
Experienced Firm, Tenured Employees, Competitive Pay
We’re a full-service staffing firm with the unlimited reach, personal touch and trusted, long-term relationships to make great matches for candidates and clients alike. We recruit and recommend across a range of industries and at all levels of experience –– and have for more than 30 years. Our approach is simple. We dedicate energy, enthusiasm, know-how and integrity to the process, from finding and vetting to placing. Candidates receive ongoing support and guidance as we work to present them with solid opportunities.