Assistant General Manager
Human Resources Plus, Inc. Vail, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant General Manager (Vail, CO)
“Work with the best clientele in the world”
At our luxury boutique property, situated in the heart of Vail Village, elegance, family, and fun all come together to create a unique and memorable experience for our guests, and we are currently seeking an Assistant General Manager that will encourage teamwork among our staff and provide the leadership and guidance necessary to ensure the property maintains the highest operational standards. The Assistant General Manager will oversee and manage the Maintenance, Housekeeping, Guest Service, and Food & Beverage divisions, so our ideal applicant must also be an expert multitasker, problem solver and team leader. We offer our guests and residents a fun and family-friendly atmosphere, yet our staff maintains the high level of attentiveness, foresight, and professionalism necessary to properly service and satisfy a discerning clientele with high expectations and standards; we are therefore seeking applicants with previous operational hotel management experience at elite luxury resorts and properties.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Providing timely, accurate and complete proposals, recommendations, request for approvals and information to the GM to enable the GM to make informed decisions on both short and long-term actions and goals.
· Assisting in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and service standards.
· Hiring, training, managing, developing, coaching, conducting performance reviews and disciplinary actions of the department heads and overseeing and approving additional activities performed by the department heads.
- Providing service and safety training to desired levels; ensuring that department heads are conducting training that meet our elite level of service standards, goals, and objectives.
- In coordination with the Hotel Resident Manager, determining and administering the appropriate staffing levels and scheduling according to budget and business demand; interfacing to coordinate staff operations and customer support; and effectively responding to property inspection and customer service issues that periodically arise.
- Assisting with development of portions of the overall budget as determined by the General Manager. Duties include but not limited to the creation, development, management, and administering the daily, monthly, and annual financial process including forecasting, budgeting, payroll, revenue strategies, expense management, monthly recaps, and inventory.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication with guests, employees, and management, overseeing the preparation of all correspondence and forecasts for the room’s operations.
- Continuously inspecting all common areas of the property and Club condominium interiors, check on property condition, presentation, and operations; based on observations, providing direction, feedback and helping as needed.
- Manage the assignment of weeks for all Club members as well as maintain and facilitate Club member requests such as exchange and space availability and communicate the status of theses requests to members.
- Communicate with rental agencies and exchange program to coordinate and input rentals and exchanges as well as cancellation.
- Assist department heads with staffing selection and processing of all new hire onboarding as well as administering payroll and benefits processes.
- Acting in a temporary capacity as General Manager in the GM’s absence.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, evenings, and overnight shifts.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; or four + years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years managerial or supervisory experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hospitality and homeowner’s association industries and industry-related trends and forecasts.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web-based hospitality software.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, to analyze and to interpret Association governing documents, financial statements, complex agreements, and legal contracts.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting concepts with the ability to read and understand financial statements and to create, interpret and modify budgets, forecasts, variance reports, payroll, expense management, revenue strategies, etc.
Pay and Benefits: $55K to $75K. Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Simple IRA contribution match up to 3%, ski pass benefit.
Human Resources Plus, Inc.
RetailView all jobs at Human Resources Plus, Inc.