The Marketing Graphic Designer is an energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented team player who provides design support for both corporate and client projects. They deliver creative design that communicates ideas to inspire, inform, and captivate. They are responsible for developing creative concepts, implementing design strategies, and producing visual aspects for corporate, client, and brand marketing materials across all platforms: print, promotional, and digital media. Supporting the Brand Manager, this role will take design projects from concept to completion and serves as the only dedicated graphic designer within the Marketing Department. The Marketing Graphic Designer is innovative, flexible, and excels at creative collaboration between cross-departmental teams. They can seamlessly navigate through a range of high-priority projects daily while managing tight deadlines. This role is not only passionate about design quality but is equally as talented with high-volume output. Must understand current design trends and best practices, bringing their unique perspective and imaginative, creative edge to a fast-paced environment.
This role is expected to maintain a keen focus on driving excellence and efficiency while meeting goals for quality and timely delivery. Must have a passion for servant leadership and cultivating a growth-oriented culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support creative deliverables for corporate marketing projects and internal/external communications
- Develop, design, and produce graphic art that satisfies a creative brief for client marketing projects, including email marketing, social media graphics, as well as special client projects and events
- Understand the company's graphic design needs and work with appropriate stakeholders to collect copy, images, logos, etc. to complete design projects
- Create project timelines; communicate expected delivery dates and deadlines
- Develop a proof editing process to limit design errors (all large projects require final sign-off by the Senior Director of Marketing)
- Apply brand standards, creative standards, typography, photography, color, and other elements to create innovative and on-strategy creative solutions
- Develop original strategic design deliverables and big ideas that elevate and differentiate our portfolio
- Maintain awareness of current creative, marketing and design trends, social media, and competitive landscape
- Demonstrate a commitment to meeting or exceeding agreed-upon Service Level Expectations (SLEs)
- Produce high-quality and impactful creative content and ensure adherence to client brand standards
- Facilitate proofing and approvals of copy and related materials
- Support the team with management and organization of company asset libraries
- Identify and support the submission of content for notable industry and expended industry awards and recognitions
- Maintain brand standards and performance in the marketplace, work closely with the Brand Manager and Marketing Operations Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required, Bachelor’s or BFA degree in Graphic Design or Visual Art. Equivalent experience considered.
- Required, 5-7+ years’ experience in a creative agency or similar role and is comfortable in a corporate environment
- Multifamily industry experience preferred, but not required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, COMPETENCIES:
You must submit your portfolio along with your resume (or include a link for it on your resume) to be considered for this position
- Mastery of relevant computer software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite-all programs) a must; solid knowledge of other current computer design programs and skill required
- Solid understanding of online production, offline production, and print production required
- Excellent presentation and pitch skills; Ability to develop and put together formal design presentations, ability to storyboard ideas
- Works efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and logical skills
- Ability to present and clearly articulate ideas
- Is accountable, takes direction with an open mind, seeks full ownership, and takes initiative
- Strong listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills and enjoys the challenge of problem solving
- Strategic thinking with attention to brand and marketing objectives
- Ability to work with company personnel at all levels and the ability to work collaboratively, efficiently and effectively; Strong relationship building skills
- Experience with print-ready PDF workflow processes preferred
- Familiar with proofing, pre-flighting and preparing files to print
- Demonstrates design ability to be applied to existing brands
- Works well in a team environment or independently
- Ability to take critical feedback, convert ideas to design improvements, and collaborate to collectively enhance the quality of the final artwork.
- Continuing education/certification may be required
- Working at computer and sitting for long periods of time.
- Walking, lifting (up to 30 pounds),
- Travel: Up to 5% (driving and flying)
- Capable of working weekends and/or staggered shifts, as required
- Vision abilities to proofread, verify color correctness, focus, etc. at a very close viewing distance
Disclaimer: This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs’ essential functions.