RADCO Residential is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our established team in Chattanooga. This position offers competitive pay and an incentive bonus, 100% paid employee medical insurance, PTO and holidays, 401K match up to 6%, and growth potential.
The Maintenance Supervisor leads and delegates all maintenance requests, preventative maintenance and amenity area maintenance for the property. You partner with the Property Manager regarding oversight of all maintenance related activities/initiatives and in achieving all property goals. You are responsible to oversee a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Perform on-call emergency service and you will respond immediately to all emergency after hours calls and arrive at the property no more than an hour after a call comes in.
- Complete all service requests within 24 hours, unless the request requires extraordinary parts or labor.
- Select appropriate materials as needed.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- You communicate clearly to residents.
- Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely, professional manner.
- Reads and/or listens to resident requests/complaints in a calm, supportive, and open manner.
- You clearly demonstrate your amazing customer service skills by treating residents, coworkers, supervisors, and vendors with respect, answering questions in a calm and open manner from coworkers and residents. Responds sensitively to concerns/complaints about maintenance services and exhibits a sense of urgency with assigned work orders.
- Attend and assist in resident activities and functions after hours as needed.
- Maintain or build a preventative maintenance program that minimizes emergency repairs and service repairs.
- Recruit, hire, and train maintenance teams.
- Schedules your team to ensure appropriate coverage is available to meet property needs, while minimizing overtime hours.
- Assist documenting performance management of maintenance staff including but not limited to; corrective action, annual reviews, recommendations for promotion and terminations as necessary.
- Periodically inspect work performed by other members of the maintenance team to assess effectiveness of current procedures and levels of work performance.
- High level of proficiency in written, verbal, and arithmetic skills.
- Juggle multi-task environment and support maintenance team
- Possess proven knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc. information as required by daily operations.
- Proficient in heating and air-conditioning, plumbing, appliance repair, and many other areas of repair.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws, OSHA and EPA regulations and company safety policies.
Education, License(s) or certification(s) preferred:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred with 5+ years of apartment maintenance experience.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own reliable transportation to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
- HVAC certification (required)
- CPO certification.
- EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling (required).
- Ability to earn future designations as required by Industry standards, EPA regulations, OSHA requirements, etc.
- Requires constant movement including considerable use of arms and legs, movement of the entire body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and handling of materials. Considerable time is spent using hands to handle, operate, activate, inspect, place, detect control or feel objects, tools or controls. Climbing stairs and ladders, balancing, ascending/descending, working atop of buildings or floors and on roofs is required the majority of the job. Must be able to work from heights using ladders, scaffolds or lifts. Must be able to carry, move, transport, position, install, remove or continuously lift weight up to 75 lbs. Must be able to work with majority exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Worker must be able to ascend/descend ladders. Worker must be able to meet a ladder duty rating up to Type IAA (Extra Heavy Duty) of 375 lbs. Total weight consideration includes employee weight, weight of clothing and PPE, weight of tools and supplies carried and the weight of tools and supplies stored on the ladder.
- Worker is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The ability to communicate, speak and understand clearly is required the majority of the time.
- 100% of the Employee-Portion for Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance Policies, including Access to Teladoc Services
- Voluntary Vision, Short-term and Long-Term Disability, FSA, HSA, Supplemental Life, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, Pet, and Legal Insurance Policies
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% Employer Match up to 6% of Gross Pay
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Accrued Paid Time Off Immediately Upon Hire
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Learning & Development Program
- Employee Housing Discount
- Internal Employee Assistance Program – RADCO Cares, Inc.
- Team Building Events & Volunteer Time Off (VTO) Opportunities
- Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- Bi-Annual Pay-for-Performance Bonuses
- Leasing & Renewal Bonuses
Human Resource Dimensions - HR Partnership Client Openings