Senior Software Engineer
Human Longevity Inc. (HLI) is the genomics-based, technology-driven company creating the most comprehensive database of whole genome, phenotype and clinical data. HLI is developing and applying large scale computing and machine learning to make novel discoveries to revolutionize the practice of medicine. A privately held company headquartered in San Diego, CA, HLI was founded in 2013 by pioneers in the fields of genomics and stem cell therapy. HLI will be licensing access to its database and developing new diagnostics and therapeutics as part of its product offerings. For more information please visit, www.humanlongevity.com.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Senior developer of AI powered precision health management platform
- Perform as an engineer on time sensitive projects to meet company goals in a timely manner, at least 50% of the time, up-to 100% depending on quarterly goals and resources available.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications within and across teams.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Drive essential communications within the team across geographies (CA, USA and China) to make sure time difference doesn’t hinder productivity.
- Facilitate interaction with collaborators, both internal and external, to develop best in class software.
- Apply innovative methods to drive project success.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship, reiterate
- Hire exceptional talent based on business needs, including but not limited to conducting phone screens, reviewing resumes, preparing and conducting technical interviews and exercises.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software to support regulatory requirements
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide support to internal/external business users if needed.
- Perform in R&D capacity as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Must have)
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years as technical lead of a software development team
- 7+ years industry experience
- Strong programming skills, and the ability to design and prototype computational algorithms in C++, Python, R, Java, or C#
- Proficient in database design, development and complex query building (relational and non-relational)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and security best practices
- Experience working with large datasets and building large scale event driven ETL and data analysis pipelines.
- Hands on experience working with containers and orchestration infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, Batch, etc)
- Proficient in a Linux environment
- Experience designing systems within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment using event-driven and secure architectures.
- Experience building/using well defined software development and testing guidelines along with robust Ci/Cd pipelines.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Established track record applying innovative methods to drive project success
- Demonstrate outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Collaborate with diverse scientists from computational and experimental backgrounds
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- MS in Computer Science or closely related fields with a focus on healthcare
- Prior experience working with large-scale healthcare datasets
- Demonstrated success in launching a software product for a startup
- Open office environment
- Global environment with multiple sites, which may require work beyond standard business hours
- In office or remote if located in the Western United States
Powered by JazzHR
Human Longevity, Inc.South San Francisco, CA
TechnologyView All Human Longevity, Inc. Jobs
Get fresh Senior Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.