Position Title: Medical Clerk
Location: Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center, Tucson, AZ
Reports To: Health & Wellness Supervisor
The Medical Clerk position provides support for a U.S Department of Labor Job Corps contractor. The Job Corps program is a federally-funded residential training program. The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and academic training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24.
Summary of Duties: The Medial Clerk is responsible for providing administrative/clerical support to the Wellness Department to ensure an efficient Wellness Program consistent with student needs and Job Corps’ goals and objectives and must:
- Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Communicate accurately and appropriately.
- Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
- Computer competent, including Microsoft Office Skills and Internet research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with center management, students and staff, as well as community partners.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Wellness Program initiatives and functions.
- Handles incoming e-mails, calls, voicemail messages, and mail, and prepares information for efficient distribution and action as necessary.
- Uses common courtesy when greeting visitors and answering phones.
- Schedules appointments.
- Provides necessary information to department and manager to ensure timely response by either.
- Keeps updates on Job Corps notices and ensures department responds as necessary.
- Completes copying, typing and filing as requested and needed.
- Produces legible copies of requested materials.
- Proof-reads typed documents prior to returning to originator.
- Prepares weekly reports and other required DOL, Corporate and Center reports.
- Types SOPs, plans, meeting minutes, agenda memos, reports, correspondence, newsletters and any other item as directed.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, ensuring that documents generated from within the department are well written, comprehensive, error-free, and of a high quality.
- Researches special topics and projects to increase awareness and resource capacity.
- Maintains department files to include SOPs, logs and weekly reports.
- Performs other duties as requested by department manager.
- Schedules and attends office meetings, sends out required reports, runs office errands.
- Enters information into CIS and keeps necessary files and records.
- Maintains accurate hard and electronic copy files as necessary to ensure department meets DOL, Corporate, and Center expectations.
- Runs reports to ensure information entered is accurate.
- Monitors budget, controls inventory and ensures the department areas are attractive, clean, safe and in good repair.
- Completes PRs and check requests to include budget management.
- Ensures that POs are received and filed initially, and that the items requested are received in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition.
- Initiates work orders and ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that work area, including manager’s area and other assigned areas, are attractive, clean and safe at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Valid state driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid certifications
Equal Opportunity Statement Human Learning Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.
Human Learning SystemsTucson, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.