- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Administrative Secretary
Location: Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center, Tucson, AZ
Reports To: Department Director/Manager
The Administrative Secretary position provides administrative support for a U.SDepartment of Labor Job Corps contractor. The Job Corps program is a federally-funded residential training program. The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and academic training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24.
Summary of Duties:
Provides administrative support to the assigned department. Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties, managing a large volume of tasks while projecting a professional image that inspires confidence and trust in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and HLS directives.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Follows all guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by the Department of Labor/Job Corps and HLS
- Coordinates manager’s schedule and appointments, handles logistics forlarge meetings and for travel
- Receive telephone calls and visitors; handle routine matters personally and route non-routine business to proper staff.
- Maintain calendar and schedule appointments.
- Act as liaison between designated administrator/manager and other center staff.
- Maintain correspondence control log, receive incoming and outgoing mail and follow up on dates for action items.
- Maintain and update automated student records system.
- Provide form control functions, including form revision and development; monitor supplies and reorder as needed.
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties; prepare special reports, maintain files and records, statistical data, make travel arrangements as required. Types correspondence, reports, and memos; creates and maintains databases and spread-sheet files; opens and routes incoming mail, prepares outgoing mail.
- Perform secretarial duties including typing of correspondence and other materials.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
- Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
- Maintain accountability of staff, student and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required trainings.
- Manage time effectively by using work plans to prioritize competing andinterdependent tasks
- Represents supervisor in key meetings, including taking of minutes andproviding de-briefs when appropriate
- Provides oversight support in the management of ongoing projects
- Maintains filing system and keeps files up to date
- Posts information to confidential records
- Answers questions concerning the organization or department, or refers person to other source of information
- BA/BS preferred, but some college acceptable.
- A basic understanding of business operations is essential, with a minimum of 5 years proven administrative support background and a minimum of 2 years spent supporting at the Executive Level.
- Valid state driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid certifications
Equal Opportunity Statement Human Learning Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.
8:00AM - 5:00PM Monday - Friday
40 Hours per week.
Human Learning Systems
BusinessView all jobs at Human Learning Systems