HR Classification Specialist (Federal)
- Posted: 5 days ago
Human Capital Resources and Concepts Inc. (HCRC) is a consulting firm that specializes in resource management capabilities that are utilized in all federal organizations. Our consultants have in-depth training and work experience in Department of Defense and other federal entities which includes the Intelligence Community. We have subject matter experts in all source analysis, mission support services, and information technology. Our services are structured to address everything from major strategic issues to more basic problems effecting everyday business practices. No matter the requirement it is our commitment to deliver objective, informed, and actionable plans to assist your organization.
HCRC is currently seeking individuals who have experience in Federal Human Resources. Specifically skills or experience in FEDERAL HR CLASSIFICATION or comparable experience in supporting federal agencies.
This position would support a government client at a location in Arlington, VA.(HYBRID)
Positions would be Full Time, include benefits such as healthcare, dental, paid time off, and 401k. Experience providing Human Resource services in the Federal Sector or a degree in Human Resource is preferred, however, comparable Human Resource experience in private or public sector will be considered.
Salary is based on a combination of experience and education. We look forward to reviewing your resume for this or even future opportunities which may arise!
Provide administrative day-to-day classification services. This includes all aspects of classification (e.g., research, investigation, analysis, review, writing, editing, and rewriting of PDs.).
- Provides position management and classification support to assigned organizations under various personnel systems. Applies a thorough understanding of classification principles, and concepts to interpret and adapt classification standards/guides to secure sound classification on positions. Advises managers on the position classification process, the use of various classification references and automated tools.
- Assists with planning and implementing reorganizations.
- Determines the proper crediting of factor levels and ultimate allocation of grade levels to positions; communicates grade distinctions to management with supporting criteria and justification; provides recommendations to management on organizational design with emphasis on career development principles and practices; and relates position classification to the management process and other HR programs.
- Determines the correct classification by comparison to existing standards related to the work and prepares necessary evaluation statements.
- Explains the standards, classification decisions, impact of designated duties on classification, and complaint and appeal procedures to employees, supervisors, and operating officials or managers. Conducts research and provides advisory opinions.
- Acts on a variety of classification programs including Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Environmental Differential Pay (EDP), Hazard Pay, Locality Wage Survey, draft classification standards, competitive level descriptions.
- Coordinates program requirements with management and others as necessary.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the full range of position classification principles, concepts, practices, and techniques sufficient to advise top managers in developing position descriptions; to work on special classification projects; to provide management with insight in establishing organizational structures that are efficient, cost effective, support desired grade levels, and facilitate career development; and, to ensure position classification accuracy and consistency.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range of HR concepts, principles, laws, regulations, and practices. Knowledge of a wide range of HR specialization concepts, practices, regulations, precedents, and procedures; special recruiting authorities and strategies.
- Skill in serving as a consultant to managers in providing HR services and conducting detailed analyses of complex functions within serviced organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of analytical methods and techniques to design and conduct comprehensive HR studies that are broad and difficult in order propose solutions to HR problems.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR experience.
- Desired: Previous Federal classification experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $85,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- How many years of experience do you have with USA STAFFING?
- Are you ok with the salary range for this position?
- Federal Staffing: 2 years (Required)
- Federal Systems: 2 years (Required)
- Federal HR: 2 years (Required)
- HR FEDERAL CLASSIFICATION: 4 years (Required)
Powered by JazzHR
Human Capital Resources and Concepts
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?