Outsourced Accounting Manager
Human Capital Consultants Boston, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client provides an innovative, scalable outsourced alternative to building a traditional finance department. This role is to help grow the practice and maintain outstanding client service. You will manage engagements that serve the role of an outsourced accounting department for clients who are primarily in the technology, biotechnology, and professional services sectors.
While this is primarily a remote position (they’ve been virtual since 2011), we will there is no substitute for face-to-face working with our leadership team, especially during the initial ramp-up time and subsequent onboarding of new clients. This will primarily occur at local co-working locations that are mutually accommodating (once restrictions around COVID clear).
Their leadership team is in Chicago and Boston, with our team in Austin, San Francisco, and Chicago. Major clients are in Boston, NY, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, Birmingham. Ideal candidates will be within 100 miles of either Boston or Chicago, but not required.
- Serve as the sole/primary point of contact for our clients, typically managing 4-8 clients depending on client size,
- Ability to manage job scope and economics,
- Coach and mentor a remote team of staff accountants, internal/external resources,
- Manage client staffing needs by balancing workflow,
- Review staff work and provide appropriate segregation of duties,
- Prepare financial statement and KPI reports including budgeting and cash flow forecasting,
- Implement, document and maintain a strong system of control procedures,
- Onboard new clients including setting them up on software applications including QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, and others,
- Assist clients with varying needs including: support audits, convert from cash to accrual basis, implement GAAP including revenue recognition and lease accounting, budgeting, cash flow management, clean up accounting messes, and other challenging and fun projects,
- Research new and existing accounting software solutions and keep up to date on the latest technologies,
- Identify opportunities to streamline operations and find efficiencies,
- Receive and provide continuous training.
- (We do not do tax returns).
- Passionate about accounting, process improvement, entrepreneurship (inside our practice, and with our client base),
- Experienced and comfortable building relationships with C-level positions at the client, their customer/vendors, and with other 3rd parties (attorneys, CPA’s, etc.),
- Adept at technology and accounting software,
- Happy in a fast-paced environment handling the demands of multiple clients,
- Ability to work independently, while remaining coachable and a team player,
- Curious, collaborative, and loves learning,
- A true leader and team player,
- Excited to be part of a growing company,
- Loves discussing ideas for improvement,
- Ability to “MacGyver” and/or overcome resistance to achieve the desired outcome,
- Comfortable working outside of their comfort zone,
- Ability to create, and maintain ‘systems’ to create scalable solutions,
- Identify and implement the ‘permanent solution’ to solve critical problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business,
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience,
- Experience managing others and building relationship, both on our team and with our clients,
- CPA license (preferred),
- Public accounting/auditing experience is a plus,
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting,
- Operational accounting for a public or private company run with tight month-end closes/control environment a plus,
- Knowledge of GAAP and accrual accounting,
- Experience with QuickBooks Online (QBO) and Bill.com,
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification is a plus,
- Payroll and PEO experience (Gusto, TriNet, etc.),
- Top notch verbal and written communication skills.
Our client is pleased to offer a competitive benefits package.
- Medical Coverage under a QSEHRA Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Cell Phone
Powered by JazzHR
Human Capital Consultants
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Human Capital Consultants