CORPORATE TOOLING PROJECT MANAGER
An essential member of the Management Team, the Corporate Tooling Project Manager will lead a team of Tooling Engineers at Plastikos, as well as partnering with Micro Mold and other external tooling suppliers, to oversee the development of new mold projects.
- Effectively manage activities with an emphasis on safety, quality, productivity, timing, and budget allowances of the project.
- Follow a formalized project management process and employ the appropriate tools to support flawless execution of capital projects.
- Develops robust project plans, gain cross functional alignment and deliver per plan.
- Works with Procurement and OEMs to properly specify, procure, accept, install and validate capital equipment.
- Directs and manages activities of Tooling Engineers and external contractors to safely execute the project.
- Supports productivity and cost reduction projects. Assists with the implementation of best practices.
- Communicates and resolves technical, timing and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise.
- Publishes weekly project status reports outlining projects status and issues.
- Communicates with Plastikos, Plastikos Medical and Micro Mold on a regular basis (as needed) to understand long term project performance and support resolution of any issues.
- Understands plant infrastructure, molding machines and related equipment, as well as requirements for changes and upgrades to improve safety, quality and overall efficiency.
- Analyzes the business, performance, and cost capabilities and limitations of new, proposed, or existing equipment. Includes evaluation of machinery, equipment, tooling, work flow, and vendors.
- Communicates and resolves technical, timing, and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise.
- Develops and manages task lists, timelines and resources for completion of projects.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience in a technical or engineering field,
- Minimum of (10) years' engineering and manufacturing experience, including formalized project management experience.
- Knowledge of plant layouts and infrastructure equipment.
- Proven experience managing multiple resources and complex projects.
- Previous experience with plastics manufacturing/engineering strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate technical and financial information and to complete project assignments on time and within approved budgets.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of project management processes, tools & techniques.
- Strong management, communication, and people skills to influence and manage multiple cross-functional resources, most of which do not report to the project engineer.
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Human Capital Associates
Why Work Here?Collectively, Micro Mold, Plastikos and Plastikos Medical, strives to be one of the world’s leading providers of tooling and plastic products to its customers, ensuring outstanding customer service, technical abilities, quality, delivery, efficiency and cleanliness.
Excellent opportunity with established and growing company!