First priority is to provide for the safety and security of all mall patrons, tenants and employees. Manage the operations, personnel and financial functions of the mall on a day to day basis. Responsible for vendor management, HVAC, roofing, plumbing and electrical, interior/exterior building maintenance, external landscaping. Provide ownership with a regular evaluation of the property and its operations. Interact with community leaders, merchants, contractors, and vendors to provide up to date mall direction and information.
Essential Job Functions:
• Inspects interior/exterior of buildings and grounds daily and address issues with safety and security, onsite associates, vendors and appropriate regional manager
• Inspects all aspects of the physical plant daily, reports and corrects all property deficiencies promptly.
• Directs, supervises, and manages all vendors, including, but not limited to: janitorial, security, landscaping, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical; monitors expenses to ensure “best value” is obtained.
• Perform interior and exterior maintenance repairs on the following: plumbing, HVAC, roofing, electrical.
• Ensures continuous compliance with all laws, codes, ordinances and environmental issues, maintains relationships with government officials
• Monitors and maintains relationships and close contact with tenants; when appropriate, assists merchants with merchandising and resolves any problems.
• Assists with marketing efforts and maintains a high level of involvement with community affairs and activities; engages in local groups that will provide positive owners presence in the community.
• Projects future needs including capital improvements, repairs and operating requirements.
• Acts as liaison with contractors for tenant construction or any property construction projects.
• Responsible for enforcement of and compliance with Company policies, procedures and requirements.
• Obtains bids from vendors and suppliers.
• Maintains knowledge of area market and demographics and keeps abreast of present and future competition; maintains involvement with mall’s marketing program.
• Acts as liaison with Leasing to increase tenant occupancy in the mall.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or sales
Two or more years experience in property management or shopping center industry preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work with a diversity of people.
Possess good computer skills and leadership ability.
A sound operational background which includes a knowledge and understanding of mechanical systems and construction is required.
Physical requirements of the job include walking, climbing, lifting, driving and operating machinery.