Fleet Equipment Manager
Hulcher Services, Inc. is a nationwide services contractor to the railroads, general industry and government with a commitment from our people for one purpose - to get the job done and done safely. Our headquarters is located in Denton, Texas and we have over 30 divisions strategically located across the United States and Mexico to provide our customers with the best service in the industry.
Our goal is to be the premier service provider for freight railroads, passenger rail, general industry, and government delivering safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions.
Hulcher Services is seeking an Equipment Manager to join our team! Location can be in Washington, PA, Toledo, OH
Travel is 2 weeks out, 1 week in. Required
Hands-on Mechanical experience (3-5 years) is required.
General Summary: This position is responsible for monitoring the preventative maintenance program; including inspection of equipment and consulting with managers and vendors on maintenance and repairs of equipment to insure company standards are maintained. Must consistently utilize good judgment in an effort to maximize equipment dependability through the most cost-effective methods. This position also directs and coordinates activities of transportation compliance to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel, and works cooperatively with Operations, Mechanical, Environmental, Purchasing and Personnel Services.
- Ensures purchases policies are adhered to, i.e. 3 quotes when possible on repairs, requisitions requested prior to work being performed
§ Review all purchase requisitions for equipment parts and services to make certain cost-effectiveness is practiced at all times
§ Review credit card transactions and ensure they have detailed invoices attached, coded to the proper account/accounts
- Inspects equipment for conformance to operational standards
- Monitors oil samples and repair orders for assigned divisions
- Monitor exception reports and ensure mechanical and division are working to reduce the number of exceptions on a monthly basis
- Helps administer maintenance policies and procedures at field locations and job sites
- Resolve maintenance issues and recommend measures to improve operations and condition of equipment
- Assists with the direction and development of Mechanical Service Managers
- Assists in procuring materials, supplies and services in required quantities for requested deliveries at the proper price
- Helps develop and implement programs in conjunction with managers to ensure the mechanical reliability of our equipment
- Monitors and keeps current on manufacturer's specifications, policies and warranty programs
- Assists with orientation and training of new employees
- Recommends the model and specifications of replacement equipment needs
- Recommends equipment location changes
- Assures compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations as they apply to Hulcher Services, Inc.
- Confers and cooperates with other management personnel in formulating administrative and operational policies and procedures
- Prepares recommendations designed to assure compliance
- Directs compliance of workers with established company transportation policies, procedures, and standards
- Reviews operational records and reports and refers to manuals, company instructions, and government regulations to detect deviations from operational practices and prepares directives to eliminate such infractions
- Investigates incidents and inspect equipment to ensure that adequate protection exists for company assets, property, and equipment.
- Inspects company vehicles and equipment for evidence of abuse.
- Maintains records for DOT Driver Qualification files.
- Assists in Corporate audits relating to DOT compliance.
- Represents Hulcher in all contacts with the Department of Transportation.
Powered by JazzHR
Hulcher Services Inc.Walbridge, OH
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.