Huie, Fernambucq & Stewart is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join our civil defense litigation firm. Prior litigation experience is required. Product liability experience is preferred. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, punctual and detail-oriented, and will have excellent typing, organizational and communication skills.
- Provide administrative support and technical assistance to assigned attorneys, which includes managing calendars, time entry, email and travel itineraries
- Transcribe, draft and manage legal correspondence and client communications in a timely manner
- Open, monitor and manage case files as directed by attorneys, including tracking deadlines for court pleadings (AlaFile, Alacourt, Pacer, etc.)
- Assist with other administrative responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Minimum 55+ wpm typing speed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior experience with Worldox and ProLaw beneficial
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability and 401(k). Salary commensurate with experience.