- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hughes Investments, Inc. is a Greenville, SC real estate development company. We are seeking an Accountant to become an integral part of our team! A successful Accountant at our company will be someone with about 5 years of accountant experience, someone who will be supportive team player, and someone who brings a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts for multiple companies
- Prepare journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Manage and reconcile balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Maintain all ledgers accounts including fixed asset, liability and equity items
- Participate in budget forecasts preparation
- Participate in financial statements preparation
- Inspect accounts books for efficiency and accuracy
- Maintain and reconcile prepaid insurances, and real estate taxes for multiple companies
- Provide accurate financial health, liquidity and cash flows of business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Handle monthly, Quarterly and annual closings
- Compute estimated quarterly taxes and make a necessary payment
- Prepare tax return files for multiple entities for outsourced CPA firm
- Work with outsourced CPA for any query
- Prepare Ad hoc reports and any given projects any time
- Prepare annual 1099
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Assist Senior accountant and accounting head as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 4-year experience as an Accountant preferably in real estate development or related industry
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Minimum 3-years hands-on experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Must be team player with “can do” ethic and respect to others
- Must Participate in answering call when needed
- Strong numeracy, analytical, highly organized and detail-oriented skills
- Multitasking, Accuracy, attention to detail and can work under pressure
- Leader, Reliable and dependable
Hughes Investments, Inc.
101 Falls Park DriveGreenville, SC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hughes Investments, Inc.