Estimator/ Project Manager (Excavation)
- Posted: over a month ago
Hughes General Contractors, Inc. is a longstanding family owned business with over 60 years of experience, depth of knowledge and tradition. We are known within the industry for our outstanding employee culture and a business model offering steady, year-round employment.
We are proud to offer you:
- Competitive pay
- Medical / RX Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Personal Time Off
- Flex 125 Cafeteria Plan
- In-House Training Opportunities
- Company Store
Performs estimating and project management duties for Heavy Civil construction pojects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Support Safety program.
- Support the Division V.P. and others as necessary.
- Maintain daily diary.
- Produce detailed construction estimates Heavy Civil construction projects. (Earthwork, Underground Utilities, Site Preparation, etc.)
- Produce detailed construction budgets for the Building Division.
- Read and understand Plans, Specifications, Soils Reports and Contracts.
- Prepare job budgets and job books for construction.
- Manage field job(s) in area of operation.
- Hire and manage subcontractors as required.
- Review cost vs. budget & general construction productivity.
- Encourage repeat business & develop field contacts.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Participate in meetings with authorities and owners.
- Ensure time cards are submitted in a timely basis with completeness & accuracy.
- Prepare job schedules for look ahead meetings
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Order and schedule project required materials.
- Ensure adequate resources are available at the job site.
- Maintain job file(s) with correspondence & photographs.
- Review and approve invoices.
- Maintain current drawings on site.
- Prepare monthly billing and submit to Accounting.
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent on all extra work.
- Update Accounting cost reports.
- Troubleshoot issues for the Division V.P., Project and Superintendent.
Project Managers will supervise job assigned Project Engineers. Project Managers will interact closely with Superintendents, Field Foremen and Field Crews and Subcontractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year college or technical school and/or training with a minimum of 5 years related construction experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CRITICAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Proficiency in Timberline & B2W
- Proficiency in Sage Construction PM Software
- Proficiency in Business Center/Agtek Takeoff Software
- Ability to multi-task and manage several different activities at a time
CRITICAL BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS
- Attention given to working safely
- Flexible, team player work ethic
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to direct production work with confidence and a positive attitude
- Integrity in maintaining confidentiality with Company sensitive information
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical documents, contracts, specifications or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions within groups of managers, clients, investors, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and surveying.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Special Requirements: Must be able to pass controlled substance tests prior to and at all times during employment.
Hughes General Contractors, Inc, and Lakeview are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hughes General Contractors
AddressNorth Salt Lake, UT
ConstructionView all jobs at Hughes General Contractors