HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is responsible for increasing sales by focusing on driving the selling process through developing and managing effective selling teams, creating a service and selling culture that delivers results and ensuring the alignment of the merchandise to local needs and opportunities.
Who You Are:
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate team
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- 4 year degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of customer focused sales growth is required.
- The ability to deliver results against goals build effective and motivated teams, foster teamwork, and demonstrate sound business judgment is required.
- 5 years related management experience in retailing or other fast paced selling and service environment, in positions of increasing responsibility and volume.
- Oversee selling associate development and empowers the sales force to achieve selling goals through product knowledge, coaching and performance feedback.
- Drives for optimal merchandise selection and vendor matrix working with RSM, Planners and Merchants.
- Ensures proactive communication to merchants on customer requests and merchandise opportunities to drive business.
- Partners with AGMO to direct placement of merchandise on the floor, coordinate floor moves and sales promotion set up
- You proactively manage performance, ensuring that the store team clearly understand their roles and are focused on achieving goals
- Ensures appropriate selling floor staffing levels through proactive communication with AGMO
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount