Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Network Engineer will, under minimal supervision, be responsible for designing, supporting, managing, and maintaining all aspects of the regional network infrastructure. In addition, this position responds to direct inquiries from users on subjects of network connectivity and performance issues. The Senior Network Engineer functions as part of a small corporate team performing critical engineering and support tasks that ensure Hudson Technologies’ network infrastructure is available and performing effectively.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the corporate IT team, supporting nine locations and over 300 nodes. This position is responsible for managing all WAN, LAN, IP Telephony, IPS/IDS and firewall services and systems.
- Responsible for all wide area networking systems within the corporate environment.
- Lead network engineer, responsible for setting company wide network infrastructure standards, building systems, and evaluating new network related technologies.
- Manage global network systems deployment and improvement projects.
- Design, implement and maintain processes geared towards improving network systems management.
- Maintain and develop documentation related to network standards, OS installations, system images, troubleshooting tips, and security standards. Maintain inventory of equipment configuration and OS levels.
- Configure and deploy network systems regionally.
- Monitor, maintain and manage LAN, WAN, IP Telephony, Wireless, and security systems using industry standard tools.
- Respond to requests regarding networking connectivity and performance problems. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Contact and interact with vendors regarding maintenance and support of networking systems.
- Manage external network technology vendor relationships.
- Troubleshoot network system performance using available tools to optimize system availability and resolve issues.
- Analyze user needs, network performance, system capacity to proactively maintain the wide area network environment. Assist with moves/adds/changes as required.
- Test and evaluate new technology and applications as needed. Make recommendations to management.
- Effectively communicate technical standards, policies and procedures to end-user community.
- Monitor corporate network and advise management on system misuse and potential abuse.
- Act as an escalation point for local IT team members on network related issues.
Required / Desired Knowledge, Experiences and Skills:
- 5 - 10 years of experience engineering solutions for global network environments based on Cisco technology is required.
- 5 – 10 years of technical and troubleshooting experience with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, WAP, ASAs, and IP Telephony in a small to medium level corporate environment.
- A strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, IPsec, routing protocols, SNMP, VLANs, and network management tools is required.
- Detailed knowledge of network, transport, and application protocols, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, VPC, 802.1Q, ether-channel, STP, RSTP, VTP, QoS, ACLs, VxLAN, TCP/UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP
- Extremely proficient with network management, monitoring and troubleshooting tools (sniffer, syslog, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark)
- Experience with Cisco platforms including Cisco AnyConnect, Catalyst Switches, ISR Routers, Cisco FirePower
- High level Cisco certification preferred
- Experience with SonicWall firewalls a big plus
- Team leadership experience preferred. Strong project management skills a plus
- Experience documenting IT processes and standards is a must
- Network security certification preferred. Experience with IP Telephony technology a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot issues remotely. Ability to work directly with end users when troubleshooting is a must
- Muti-location network support experience required
- Excellent organizational skills are required
- Foundational understanding of Public Cloud services like GCP, AWS, Azure etc.
- This position directly impacts the availability of all production systems globally so 24 x 7 on-call support and a willingness to work off-hours and weekends is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science is required
Hudson Technologies LLC
AddressWoodcliff Lake, NJ
TechnologyView all jobs at Hudson Technologies LLC
Get fresh Senior Network Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.