I.T. INTERNSHIP (UNPAID)
- Posted: over a month ago
1. Under direction of Helpdesk staff, investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of computer users by performing the following duties.
2. Under direction of Managers or Analysts, assist end users in training, testing, troubleshooting issues and coordinating tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
2. Interviews users to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
3. Perform rootcause analysis in addressing various issues and works with IT Analysts to resolve.
4. Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Types of internship:
1. Technical desktop support: To learn and assist addressing end user technical issues.
2. Clinical Informatics: To learn and assist with end user trainings, on the floor support during new systems go live.
3. Project Management: To learn and assist with project coordination activities.
4. Programming and report writing: To learn and assist in creating new reports, creating mobile phone applications.
• No IT educational background is required. Internship opportunity is open for all students or graduates who are fast learners and who is interested in pursuing careers in Healthcare IT field.
• Computer Software Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
• Computer Troubleshooting Skills: Basic knowledge of desktop computers.
• Customer Service: Comfortable working with a wide range of customers both on the phone and in person.
Hudson Regional Hospital
TechnologyView all jobs at Hudson Regional Hospital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?