Assistant Manager (Residential Group Home)
Hudson Milestones Jersey City, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an experienced DSP looking to grow within a great agency? Hudson Milestones offers an opportunity for you to be apart of a caring and compassionate organization. Our priority is to assist clients to succeed and to do that we need you!
The Assistant Residential Coordinator (ARC), is an assistant manager of one (1) Residential Group Home and requires experience in planning and implementing programs for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. This full time position which involves direct care responsibilities as well as assistance with management of a residential site
The ARC is responsible for the safe, efficient operation, and adherence to state regulations and agency policies and is responsible for ensuring a smooth operation and remaining compliant with agency and state regulations in the absence of the Residential Coordinator.
A short list of services and duties are listed below:
- Assisting with Meal Preparations and Food Shopping
- Direct care covering activities of daily living such as bathing and dress
- Attending Medical Appts and Assisting with Programs Coordination
- Safety and Upkeep of Residential Group Home Properties Reporting Concerns to Residential Coordinator
- Assisting with Staff Monitoring, Training, and Serves as a Mentor.
ARCs are needed to manage homes in Hudson County. We offer benefits package options after 60 days. The ARC is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of one (1) Residential Group Home Program site under the direction of the Residential Coordinator and Directors of Residential Services. This role involves quality assurance, training of staff, preparation of programmatic and financial data and reports, and personnel related responsibilities.
***Hudson Milestones is currently offering a $1250 sign on bonus for ARCs** Inquire for details, rules apply.***
Responsibilities below are required but not limited to:
- Assists in operations for programs 24/7, 365 days of the year under RC/Director management.
- Ensures clear communications with families, partners, and all contacts as needed.
- Responsible for staff development including supervision and training.
- Creates positive atmosphere and builds supportive culture.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for the Department.
- Fully involved in the implementation process of assigned Group Home.
- Clear communication skills to ensure smooth operations even in the absence of a Supervisor.
- Carries out measures and assists in development of systems when staff are not meeting required responsibilities.
- Problem solving with collaborative efforts from the Residential Coordinators and Dept. Directors
- Ensures all maintenance aspects are addressed to provide a safe environment for clients and staff.
- Flexibility a must as hours may vary due to needs of the program (Evenings shifts which include weekends)
- May require additional hours for the needs of the Department.
*CPR Certification a plus; Experience and Flexibility a must as hours vary for the needs of the Program, FT $18.25 hrly, Benefits packages after 60 days, must work flexible shifts to monitor programs.
Covid-19 mandates and guidelines must be followed; masks to be worn at all locations and occupancy must be monitored. All employees are currently mandated to comply with any Covid-19 regulations such as wearing a mask, social distancing, and adhering to risk assessments for the safety and health of all clients and agency staff.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Associate's Degree in Special Education, Psychology or related field, or Equivalent experience.
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- Twenty-one years of age or older.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft word and excel.
- Minimum of three-year experience with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities including one-year residential experience.
- Supervisory experience in a residential program preferred.
- Professional disposition.
- A negative i3Screen (drug test) result mandated by Grantor.
Hudson MilestonesWhy Work Here?
Compassionate organization to grow with.
Hudson Milestones seeks to build and maintain a Hudson County based organization dedicated to the care, support and advancement of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families towards achieving, to the maximum extent possible, the individual's life goals and establishing self-sufficiency in the community.
365-381 Clendenny Ave Jersey City NJ 07304Jersey City, NJ