- Posted: over a month ago
To provide the best health care, and access to that care, for everyone in our communities
To pioneer an innovative, sustainable and community-focused health system through comprehensive primary care and diverse partnerships
Proposed Schedule: 40 hours per week. The hours of operation for the health center are 8am-8pm Mon-Thurs, 8am-5pm on Friday and 8am-1pm on Saturdays and the shifts would be based on these hours.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network requires a pre-employment physical that requires proof of vaccinations to include the COVID-19 vaccine,* unless there is a qualified medical exemption
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering age appropriate, population-specific patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation while embracing the Core Values of Quality, Appreciation, Creativity and Sustainability in pursuing the HHHN Mission and Vision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource for nursing standards, competencies, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with staff and other departments in the development of strategies to continuously improve quality of care and the patient experience.
- Utilize data to continuously meet care coordination needs across settings in conjunction with the patient, family and/or other members of the care team.
- Provide direct and indirect care that is safe, ethical, patient- and family-centered, culturally congruent and evidence-based.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Prepare the patient for encounter by following established protocols.
- Demonstrate competence in nursing clinical skill set.
- Demonstrate proper medication and vaccine management processes.
- Reconcile the medication list and prepare prescription renewals.
- Demonstrate complete, accurate, and timely documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Respond to patient phone calls using symptom-based policies and protocols to classify urgency and advise intervention options with clear documentation.
- Triage walk-in patients and assist with medical emergencies within the center.
- Initiate patient and family education plan that meets the needs of the patient.
- Perform ordered point of care testing (CLIA), including specimen collection, and proper documentation.
- Assist with patient encounter flow and trouble-shooting issues in collaboration with supervisor.
- Provide direction to LPNs and Medical Assistants.
- Provide guidance and mentor new and incumbent staff based on skill set.
- Attend meetings and serve on various organization committees.
- Assist with compliance and staff development duties.
- Complete health center daily, weekly or monthly tasks as assigned.
- Ensure operation of medical equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and requesting repairs.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Unrestricted current RN license to practice nursing in New York State.
- A.A.S. degree or higher from an accredited nursing college.
- Minimum of one-year Registered Nurse clinical experience preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout the Network.
- Current BLS certification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and electronic medical records.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network
HealthcareView all jobs at Hudson Headwaters Health Network
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?