Huddle House is unique in their communities; a special bond grows between team members in the restaurants and members of the community, a bond not seen in most other chain restaurants. Our Company Purpose reflects this unique element of the Huddle House dining experience:
Bringing Friends and Families Together, over Delicious Food, Served from the Heart.
- Commitment to Excellence
- Work Hard
- Make a Difference
- Have Fun
Huddle House, Inc. (HHI) is a full-service family restaurant chain, well-known for serving “Any Meal. Any Time.” The core values on which Huddle House was founded in 1964 – Bringing Friends and Family Together, Over Delicious Food, Served from the Heart – remain intact today. The Atlanta-based franchisor owns its own Distribution Center and has nearly 400 franchise- and 30 corporate-owned locations across 21 states, primarily in the Southeast and Central U.S.
The Restaurant Cook will oversee the day to day operation of the grill and food prep in the restaurant. The incumbent will be responsible for proper food preparation, handling, and storage. This person will be expected to provide excellent customer service and will be a strong teammate to our franchise partner.
- Report to work on time in a clean and complete proper uniform.
- Greet all customers with a smile and a verbal greeting, “GOOD MORNING” or “WELCOME TO HUDDLE HOUSE.”
- Prepare food in a timely manner once the order is placed.
- Complete the position checklist while stocking and preparing the unit for the next shift.
- Using all tools provided by the manager keep the work clean at all times.
- Bring all items of concern to the attention of the manager immediately, especially safety concerns and customer service complaints.
- Know the menu, the daily features when applicable and be sure they are cooked and presented correctly.
- Know your duties and the duties of coworkers to maximize teamwork throughout the day.
- Know and follow the Huddle House steps of service with each and every guest to maximize shift sales.
- Practice all rules for safety food handling cash security and all other restaurant policies.
- Perform all prepping and cleaning duties as detailed or assigned by supervisor.
- Make a difference in food cost by controlling waste and portion control.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all restaurant staff
- Some previous restaurant experience preferred
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to be at your during your shift
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Flexible Schedule
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.