19 Field Lane, Belmont, NH
The Automation Solutions department creates cutting edge, custom automation equipment for deployment in Group factories. The Mechanical Automation Engineer is primarily responsible for engineering and designing the mechanical aspects of assigned custom automation equipment. Other responsibilities include project management, team collaboration, organization, service calls, overseeing the building process, troubleshooting, debugging, re-designing as needed, and other related tasks
The Mechanical Automation Engineering will need to work professionally with our engineers and technicians, as well as with our customers and vendors, to engineer and design custom automation equipment. This role will require working with customers specifications, drawings and other information to create the custom automation.
- With guidance from senior engineers, conceive concept ideas that will meet customer project specifications and needs. These concepts should ideally be: feasible, functional, simple, inexpensive, robust, safe, easy to operate and easy to maintain.
- Engineer custom automation equipment to those concepts ideas using SolidWorks.
- Design and detail the drawings for the engineered solutions.
- Organize project files and documents.
- Research and select vendor purchased components for projects.
- Project manage sub-components of the design, build, debug, burn-in, install and training.
- Other responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
3-5 years of relevant experience
Proficient with SolidWorks
Demonstrated experience with drafting/tolerancing practices
Experience with machining, welding and sheet metal fabricating.
Familiar with automation components; motors, servos, PLCs, HMIs, sensors, cams, hydraulics, pneumatics and other devices.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.