HRC is looking for a Graduate Surveyor to join our Veteran Survey Department in all our Michigan office locations including: Grand Rapids, Lansing, Howell and Bloomfield Hills. HRC embraces technology and utilizes the newest laser scanning and robotics total stations. The position entails working directly for and supporting a licensed Surveyor and other technical staff to achieve project goals.
- Valid driver’s license
- Perform field work including construction layout, topographic data collection, boundary research, ALTA surveys and utility research.
- Perform office work including boundary and control calculations, CADD LiDAR processing and extraction, and construction layout calculations.
- Assists supervisor with completing tasks as assigned to deliver quality projects on schedule.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to execute proper field survey procedures and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of mathematical calculations used in field surveys and the ability to identify mistakes in calculations.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- Experience with operating field controllers and instruments including GNSS, Robotic Total Station and Digital Levels a plus.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree or higher in Surveying.
- Typically, zero (0) to ten (10) years of experience in a related field, but with limited certifications and no professional licenses.
- Bending, standing, stretching, and stooping.
- This position typically entails 80% office work and 20% job site work
- Lifting/lowering of survey testing equipment that weights up to 40lbs.
HRC offers flexible work hours, a team and family-oriented work environment and excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package including affordable Medical, Dental & Vision plan options
- 401k with employer-matched contributions
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
- An atmosphere that is collaborative, challenging, and filled with forward-thinking team members
- Competitive market-based salary
- Hourly pay with 1.5 overtime
Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc.
Why Work Here?Founded in 1915, Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc. (HRC) provides a full range of engineering and architectural services to municipal, industrial and private clients. Headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, HRC also maintains seven branch offices. HRC has been listed as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and was named one of the Cool Places to Work in Michigan by Crain’s Detroit Business magazine.
Great culture! Friendly and approachable management. Promote work/life balance.
Bloomfield Hills, MI