Account Manager - Sales
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Hub Pen Company, part of the HPG Brands, is an award winning supplier in the promotional products industry supplying imprinted quality writing instruments to its distributors throughout the United States and Canada. This is a career opportunity to join our dynamic, fast growing, privately held company, and become part of our winning team.
An Account Manager is an outbound phone sales position actively working with customers on a daily basis to build relationships, uncover opportunities, and increase sales.
To succeed in this role, you should be highly organized and able to perform multiple tasks for different teams/clients at the same time. If you have experience with marketing campaigns and understand what excellent customer service is, we would like to meet you. Our ideal candidate is able to both administer daily sales activities and brainstorm innovative ideas to improve our client relationships.
- This is a very fast paced busy environment
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hub from time-to-time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Company
- This position is monitored by direct/indirect supervision to insure all unit procedures are adhered to.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Hub’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the Company. Associates who violate any rules and regulations or policies and procedures will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment
The key responsibilities or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
- Assuring quotas are met or exceeded monthly
- 60 Outbound phone calls daily to build relationships, discuss campaigns, and capture sales
- Minimum of 3 hours’ outbound phone time daily
- Executes weekly skype meetings with customers to present opportunities and presentations.
- Aggressively seeks and finds new business within existing customers
- Builds and maintains pipeline to achieve monthly quota
- Interacts with existing customer to develop new business
- Responsible for customer territory analysis
- Identifies current and future needs of customers and potential customers
- Provides customer service and support of all customers, including handling queue calls
- Provide quotations to all customers with four (4) hour turn around
- Increase AOV
- Educate customers on our tools (samples, corporate presentations, three free etc.)
- Maintains a current and competent base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customers
- Provide product and industry expertise when needed
- Maintain NetSuite ASI information and pipeline data
- Provide customers reporting to increase sales
- Follow up thank you calls on large orders
- Responsible for carrying out tasks following deadlines, and checking that all tasks are complete
- Works internally to solve problems for our high-level accounts with many different departments.
- Other duties as assigned
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience: or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in outbound dialing
- Promotional industry experience is a plus
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have CRM (Customer Relationship Management) experience, NetSuite is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional client relation skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, consistency, accurate typing, and proofreading
- Team player
- New business development skills
- Customer service appreciation and awareness
- Possess the ability to generate and foster relationships with customers
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a large sales team
- Possess desire and drive to develop and grow
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Must be able to think freely and make decisions on own pertaining to job responsibility
- Able to perform duties without supervision
- Ability to keep calm, responsive and friendly under pressure
- Able to handle a variety of different tasks at once as well as challenges that may arise with customers, associates, and/or vendors
- Knows when to request help or assistance from supervisor
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
Physical and Mental Requirements
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position’s essential functions.
· The demands are in the nature to stand, sit, and move within the office
· Utilization of office equipment, and the capacity to lift up to 15 pounds
· Duties may involve hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity
· Ability to read, see, and differentiate between color
Hub Pen Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin, age (40 or older), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, arrest and conviction information, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Hub is now a subsidiary of HPG. HPG is a top 10 supplier and leader in the promotional products industry. With numerous awards under their belts for service, quality, and products that ‘WOW’, HPG sets the gold standard in hard goods.
Hub’s highest priority remains the health and safety of our employees. We have implemented protocols and trainings to prevent COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to our employees. We ensure all office seating is socially distanced, conduct daily wellness and temperature checks, and disinfecting and sanitizing procedures in place.
Hub Pen CompanyWhy Work Here?
Top 10 supplier and leader in the promotional products industry with great benefits and opportunities for growth.
Hub began in Boston, Massachusetts with the Fleming family selling pens door to door in 1954. With 250 million pens sold annually, award-winning customer service, and many talented employees on board, Hub continues to deliver products of the highest quality with the same family-feel. Hub is now a subsidiary of HPG. HPG is a top 10 supplier and leader in the promotional products industry. With numerous awards under their belts for service, quality, and products that ‘WOW’, HPG sets the gold standard in hard goods. Hub’s highest priority remains the health and safety of our employees. We have implemented protocols and trainings to prevent COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to our employees. We ensure all office seating is socially distanced, conduct daily wellness and temperature checks, and disinfecting and sanitizing procedures in place.