The Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording or reviewing transactions as well as reviewing expected outcomes in financial reports, resulting in timely financial reporting to senior management and stakeholders across the organization. The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, has excellent analytical skills, and must be able to take on complex assignments with minimal direct supervision. The role will be highly collaborative with business partners across the broader organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare or review journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process, ensuring timeliness and accuracy. Complete related variance analysis providing clear and concise explanations for management review.
- Drive process improvements to streamline workflows, leveraging technical skills and tools, working with IT to automate where possible.
- Create and/or maintain control documentation and SOX narratives for existing, new, and evolving processes of the business. Implement process checklists where opportunities exist.
- Responsible for performing key and non-key SOX controls and schedules, facilitating and coordinating needs of internal and external auditors.
- Facilitate annual audit, complete assigned schedules, and follow-up with teammates to ensure all schedules are provided to the auditors timely. Coordinate follow-up questions from auditors and provide answers.
- Provide additional support to management and other internal customers, including ad-hoc financial analysis or special projects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the annual budget.
- Cross-train with colleagues ensuring department coverage.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Public Accounting and/or Public Company experience preferred
- 5 years of directly related experience with increasing financial responsibility and results.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, capable of efficiently analyzing large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
- Excels in a face-paced, evolving and data-driven organization, with superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive results
- Self-directed and motivated