Senior Project Manager - Drinking Water Treatment Team Leader
Hoyle Tanner & Associates Inc Yarmouth, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently seeking an Environmental Project Manager with 15+ years of experience to take over leadership of our drinking water engineering team. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of successfully leading drinking water project teams while developing and maintaining client relationships.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Be active in business development with existing and new clients.
- Lead project teams to deliver financially and technically successful projects.
- Train and mentor project engineers and junior staff supporting you.
- Be technically proficient with studies, design, estimating, bidding, and construction phase services as well as preparation of qualifications and proposals for competitive project pursuits.
The successful candidate will be confident in their capabilities and eager to excel and lead a growing team. You must be able to take initiative and be willing to go the extra mile when needed. You must work well with others as well as independently.
- Achieve excellent financial performance for Hoyle, Tanner
- Provide superior client service by responding to needs and understanding concerns
- Lead and assemble a qualified project team to successfully complete complex projects or challenging client deliverables on time and within budget
- Maintain and foster team engagement and satisfaction in completing project tasks and collaborating with subconsultants and other disciplines
- Resolve team personnel conflicts in conjunction with supervisors
- Lead efforts in pursuit of potential projects and the development of technical and price proposals
- Monitor and manage resources to complete projects in accordance with the contract, scope of services, budget, and schedule.
- Efficiently and effectively use Deltek and other management tools.
- Promptly invoice for services rendered and advocate for outstanding accounts receivable
- Monitor product quality and ensure a quality management plan is developed with roles defined accordingly
- Keep Principal-In-Charge informed of potential claims or contract risks as they arise and collaborate on resolution strategies as needed
- May be a Group Manager responsible for supervising a small number of staff and assisting in career development, training, and managing work assignments to maintain effective billability of group.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and feedback to other project managers in the firm.
- May be a Contract Administrator responsible for selective management duties on construction projects
- BSCE or BSChemC with MS or ME
- PE in ME, NH, VT, MA, or the ability to obtain reciprocal licenses within one year
- 15+ years of increasing engineering or planning and leadership experience with 10+ years of increasing technical and leadership experience relative to public drinking water ranging from project conceptualization, feasibility testing and facility design and construction
- At least 5 years of experience as a project manager
- Strong communication skills, an acute understanding of project finances, scheduling, and client management skills
- Ability to communicate successfully with state regulatory agencies
Highly Qualified Candidates:
- Master’s Degree in drinking water treatment and/or water chemistry
- Project history implanting varied drinking water treatment technologies
- Successful interaction history with New England state regulatory agencies
- Active participation in professional engineering and water quality professional organizations
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, VIETNAM ERA VETERAN, DISABLED EMPLOYER, DOES NOT CURRENTLY OFFER SPONSORSHIP, and PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Hoyle Tanner & Associates Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Hoyle Tanner & Associates Inc