Project Engineer - Drinking Water
Hoyle Tanner & Associates Inc Yarmouth, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Project Engineer in our Northeast Municipal Engineering Services Group, you will:
- Be a strong contributor on a team tasked with delivering drinking water system improvement projects including treatment, storage, and distribution.
- Be responsible for preparation of calculations, layouts, modeling, estimates, drawings, and specifications under the direction of senior engineers and project managers.
- Lead and guide junior engineers and CADD teammates.
The successful candidate will have experience with plan production, specification writing, engineering analysis, task management in a project engineer roll, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Primary role in an integrated, multi-discipline team that solves technical challenges on projects of significant scope, size and difficulty
- Complete assignments accurately and on time with limited direction from the Project Manager
- Develop an understanding of project budget, scope of services, project development, project schedule and provide updates and recommendations to the Project Manager in maintaining schedule and budget
- Understand the client's organization, key people, and client expectations
- Share best practices to improve performance and efficiency of self and team
- Develop person-hour estimates and budgets with guidance from senior staff
- Lead small team for moderately complex projects
- Assist in proposal efforts and development
- Provide coaching, mentoring and feedback to develop entry-level and staff engineers, peers and others as needed
- Conduct site visits and participate in or lead meetings with clients/contractors
- Demonstrate strong technical writing and presentation skills for deliverables, proposals, and presentation in a public setting (for clients or at seminars/conferences)
- BSCE or BSChemE
- Current PE in NH, VT, ME, or MA or ability to test for PE within one year
- 4-9 years of related experience
- Proficiency in two or more: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Hydro-CAD, ArcView, MS Office
Highly Qualified Candidates:
- ME or MS with drinking water treatment and/or water chemistry coursework
- Exposure to public drinking water quality and treatment projects and technologies
- Additional PE License (s) or NCEES record
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, VIETNAM ERA VETERAN, DISABLED EMPLOYER, DOES NOT CURRENTLY OFFER SPONSORSHIP, and PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Hoyle Tanner & Associates Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Hoyle Tanner & Associates Inc