We are partnering with a Communications business in NYC which is about to begin its IPO preparation, with plans to go public within 2-3 years. Backed by a prominent private equity firm, this business has acquired a high caliber leadership team with the expertise needed for a successful IPO.
As one of the first finance hires in NYC, you will play a key role as in building and implementing robust processes, supporting the implementation of a new ERP system, automating time-consuming processes to free up time for more value-add analysis, and driving accountability with procedures which are reliably documented.
- Support the Director of Accounting on the execution and improvement of month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform analysis over revenue, business performance trends, and provide variance commentary and guidance reports for senior leadership
- Design and roll-out policies and processes specifically for special projects and new product launches
- Work cross-functionally on strategic company projects/initiatives and apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Partner with divisional finance leaders, FP&A and treasury as well as coordinating with external auditors
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects to increase efficiencies and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Serve as a strategic and trusted finance partner to various functions of the business by automating processes and providing visibility into KPIs
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 5 years of Big 4 experience required, with exposure to publicly listed clients
- CPA license required
- Strong knowledge of ASC 606 standards
- Strong Excel skills and confidence handling large volumes of data
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A proactive attitude and willingness to learn - this will be essential to succeed in this dynamic and fast growing environment
Hoxton Circle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.