- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
This position is responsible for ensuring all castings have been properly processed per customer specifications in X-Ray, prior to inspection by Level II personnel. Levels I’s are responsible for processor cleanliness and chemical levels in processor. This position is also responsible for film restocking and loading, and filing.
- Must be able to read and interpret Product Criteria (PC) and Activity Instructions (AI).
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision.
- Must be able to work and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
- Product verification
- Documentation verification
- Ensure NDT processes for product criteria is meet
- Monitor X-Ray equipment and all related functions regarding X-Ray equipment
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prioritize and coordinate product work flow through NDT processes
- Ensure product and documentation matches
- Check process documentation for proper technique
- Process product per technique:
- Setup product to be x-rayed per technique
- Tear Down
- Develop and package film to be read
- Monitor equipment operation during process
- Monitor film processing
- Restock film in darkroom
- Refilling developer and fixer tanks
- Clean film processor as required
- Fill Cassettes with clean film
- Cut film into special sizes
- Organize film at film table
- Repair torn cassettes
- Maintain cleanliness of work environment
- Interface with Level II for technical guidance pertaining to manufacturing for NDT issues
- Assist Level II in training Level I candidates
- Performs material handling
- Expectations are for Level I’s to reach Level II status.
- Various duties which fall under Corporate NDT Manual and/or NDT Level III/ Area Leaders direction.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Employees are expected to work overtime as needed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency required.
- 40 hrs of classroom training for Level I certification + 400 hours of on-the-job training to achieve Level I certification
- Completion of Level I DR (digital radiography) certification (20 hours of on-the-job training)
- Skills and Abilities:
- Safety awareness
- Working knowledge of specific technical NDT application
- Ability to read and understand Activity Instructions in accordance with standard procedures
- Team orientated attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Average communications skills, both verbal and written
No previous experience required.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to execute the following:
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and precision measuring instruments
- Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments
- Sitting in chairs (swivel, padded, and adjustable)
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc
- Standing intermittently
- Visual monitoring of computer screens
- Visual inspection and review of products for compliance to specifications. Visual viewing of processing equipment, precision measuring instruments, prints, reports, manuals, procedures and an assortment of printed items
- Visual requirements for this position are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Clean work areas and maintain a clean work environment; perform 5S cleaning activities as required.
- Equipment Used:
- Various NDT inspection tools (x-ray)
- Optical inspection aids/tool/equipment
- Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is moderate.
Internal: This position interfaces routinely with all HLC personnel
This position supervises no other.
- EHS Requirements
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
- Quality Statement
The products we manufacture are used in important industries - transporting goods and people; the defense of our country; critical energy infrastructure for hospitals and public safety. Livelihoods and lives depend upon the products we manufacture. What we do as an organization is important and the first, and best, “line of defense” against non-conforming products escaping to our customers is you. A simple message: don’t take it, don’t make it, and don’t pass it.
HealthcareView all jobs at Howmet Aerospace
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?