Wax Cell Operator
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Summary - Work as a multi-functional team member to build wax patterns using work instructions. Will be required to clean work area including sweeping and mapping the floor, dusting the workstation and surrounding areas.
- Must be able to read and interpret Product Criteria (PC) and Activity Instructions (AI).
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision.
- Must be able to work and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
- Assemble a wax pattern using various skills outlined below
- Have adequate computer skills to enter the data into the data collection system, and retrieve it
- Work overtime as needed.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Refer to work instructions, identification and machine stock areas to prevent under or over working patterns.
- Ability to hand stock patterns to engineering instructions and to effectively communicate information to team and engineering.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Fixtures and Dimensional
- Determine Airfoil
- Interpret gauge reading to the Product Criteria and load the computer
- Assemble airfoils and shroud assembly using a hot iron. (60-80 watts)
- Communicate scrap to injection
- Apply cast raised numbers
- Maintain assembly fixture
- Hot stamping
- Verify revision dates of Product Criteria and process routers
- DIM patterns using dimensional gauges, calipers, etc.
Applicate, Rub Down, Final Assembly
- Apply wax to acceptable Product Criteria limits
- Maintain proper radius on all wax joints
- Interpret Acceptance Criteria from Product Criteria
· Assembly fixtures
· Red wax applicator
· Blue seal machine
· Hot knives
· Dimensional Gauges/Calipers, etc.
· Miscellaneous hand tools
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is moderate. EHS Requirements
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (per Employee Guidebook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
Wax Cell Operator – Add-a-skills:
1. Module Leader:· This position is responsible to assist the Area Leader in direction of hourly employees working in the assigned area; ensuring a safe work environment, a paced flow of product through the area, and timely processing to specifications.
- Responds to emergencies. Assists in troubleshooting production problems. Investigates and analyzes. Initiates or recommends actions to correct deviations and variables affecting safety, costs, quality, and other factors.
- Participates in plant safety inspections and housekeeping audits.
- Reviews work procedures for safety regulations and concerns
- Ensure Job task cards are current and legible
- Confirm quality via routine checks
- Work closely with area leader should disciplinary action be required.
- Training and cross-training
- Prepares and analyzes documentation as required (i.e. production flash reports, log sheets, safety, flow reports, production schedules etc).
- Develops and follows daily Leader standard work that adds value to the assigned area of responsibility. Recognize when problems exist and take immediate action to lead efforts to resolve
- Interacts with their employees and other departments in order to manage the flow of product through the operation.
- Maintain/verify inventories, as applicable.
- Requisitions tools and supplies required for operations.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Submit and track Maintenance work orders to support the smooth operation of the department.
- Respond to (and on) calls from team member (Help Chain)
- Resolve problems that can be fixed in the moment to preserve production/flow
- Ensure standard work is followed via audits
- Facilitate small group activities (like problem-solving)
- Verify work in front of each station/vault/booth is adequate
- Verify tooling and utilities for each work station/vault/booth
- Review previous shift’s results with team members
- Discuss problems from previous shifts with team members
- Verify that problems are identified and recorded by the operator on the Daily Management Board
- Capture results from each Aussie board at the end of the shift and record on the summary sheet
- Participate on the weekly problem-solving team meeting
- Communicate problems that needs support groups attention to supervisor
- Computer, telephone, and standard office equipment.
- Basic department manufacturing tools and fixtures
2. Quality Assurance (X-Ray Sonic):· This position will include, but not be limited to, the following qualifications/duties:
- Use RTC to produce radiographs of wax cored patterns.
- Ability to adjust RTC exposures
- Ability to interrupt radiographs for discontinuities
- Ability to set up sonic equipment
- Use sonic equipment to measure thickness of wax patterns
3. Expeditor:· Expediting products/components to for Wax Cell Support in a timely manner to ensure consistent flow. Prepare / unload vendor supplies and/or assemblies. Along with filling in as a Wax Cell Operator, as needed.· Wax Cell Operator Function(s) as needed.· Responsible for expediting all products/components/airfoils/fixtures/tooling along with re-storing any of those for Wax Cell Department Support· Ensure that all product moves to the next operation in a timely manner to ensure consistent flow.· Pick, consolidate and prepare components/materials for cell product kits including preparation of sealing materials.· Maintain die check tanks/leach tanks per activity instructions.· Verify lot routers, Process numbers, serial numbers and paperwork are accurate / correct.· Complete Bill of Ladings and other shipping paperwork as required· Conduct audit of on hand balances, as needed.· Re-stock / ordering general supplies along with preparation of xylene/acetone/etc for Wax Operations.· Prepare / unload vendor supplies and dip-ready patterns · Complete Bill of Ladings and other shipping paperwork as required.· Ensure that all paperwork is completed with detail and accuracy· Participate in Process improvements/initiatives: 5S, ABS, EHS, Quality (AI’s/PC changes)· Ability to use/read a tape measures and apply basic math· Typing and computer usage (computer literate)· Maintain appropriate supply levels throughout the department to Min/Max levels
- Hand Trucks
- Band Saw
- Ceramic Cutter
- High School diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Individual must have the ability to read and interpret written instructions. They must be able to follow verbal directions and instructions. All individuals must be able to work with their hands on delicate materials.
- No previous experience required.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which required a U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and precision measuring instruments
- Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments
- Sitting in chairs (swivel, padded, and adjustable)
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc
- Standing intermittently
- Clean work areas and maintain a clean work environment; perform 5S cleaning activities as required.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Howmet Aerospace
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?