Tooling Specialist I - Wichita, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for performing calibration and maintenance on leased ATS tools at customer’s facilities. The incumbent will work with customer management, mechanics and installation personnel using ATS tools. Position requires excellent mechanical skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems with pneumatic tooling and make necessary repairs. Experience working with and repairing Pneumatic screwdrivers and torque testing equipment is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with supervisor on strategies including reducing down time due to component shortages and other customer related problems vital to the business.
- Provides new and refresher training to customers on various ATS products as required.
- Assist customer with assembly applications to promote growth and further use of ATS tools and fasteners within the customer’s facility.
- Works with supervisor to evaluate customers tooling needs and make necessary adjustments to satisfy customer needs.
- Provide preventative maintenance on ATS tools to assure that the tools comply with the torque specifications and minimize production down time due to tool repairs.
- Work with ATS supervisor to improve torque tool durability, limit tool down time and reduce repair costs.
- Maintain component spares inventory at a level to minimize tool down time due to component shortages and within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain accurate torque tool calibration records for each tool by model and serial number to comply with customer contract obligations.
- Communicate effectively with ATS management concerning any customer related problems, opportunities, build rate changes that may affect the existing customer contract.
- Be aware of HFS competitors, their products and any changes that need to be communicated to ATS management.
- Solid PC skills are required including the ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel at an intermediate level.
- Parts to be lifted and/or transported may weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Keeps work area clean (and equipment), safe and in an orderly fashion on a daily basis.
- Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred; and one to three years of experience working with and repairing Pneumatic screwdrivers and torque testing equipment or equivalent experience is a plus. Excellent mechanical skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems with pneumatic tooling and make necessary repairs.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Howmet Aerospace
Get fresh Tooling Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.