Are you looking for a position that fits your current college schedule? Apply Now! This position is based in a prime location in Marina Pacifica (Long Beach, CA). Training is provided!
Howard's was founded in 1946 when Howard Roach began repairing radios in the back of a sporting goods store in San Gabriel, California. Due to Howard's focus on customer satisfaction, the business has grown over the past 70 years to become Southern California's largest and most trusted independent retailer of appliances, TVs, and mattresses. With 13 locations and over 100 employee owners, our goal is to provide our customers with the highest level of service, the best product selection, and the best deals around!
Howard felt the best way to continue his legacy of creating lifelong customers was to make every employee a part owner (100% employee owned). By doing this, he knew every employee would be focused on doing whatever it takes to make sure every customer is happy before, during, and after their purchase!
The Product Specialist is responsible for assisting customers with questions about the product, services the company offers, and is continuously updating their knowledge in the company’s product, services and industry. Also, handles customer complaints by turning a frustrating customer to a happy customer while adhering to company practices and/or policies. The position must also meet their individual sales target and help meet the store’s overall sales revenue metrics.
- Stay in contact and frequently corresponds with current and past customers via email and outbound phone calls
- Accurate data entry of all proposals, new orders and revisions as required
- Thoroughly review all orders and revisions for content, accuracy and completeness
- Product Specialists are expected to qualify the customer by properly making sure the customer has accurate measurements to ensure their product fits
- Coordinate with internal operations department and outside vendors on sales related activities
- Assist walk in or phone customers with questions, concerns, problems, etc
- Provide creative solutions to meet the customer needs
- Create strong, lasting, profitable, relationships with each customer
- Provide the highest possible level of service to the customers
- Exhibit confidentiality and attention detail as the position requires to collect customer’s personal information such as delivery address etc.
- Help always promote the company and its products and services
- Must always attend to the best interests of the Company
- Continue to educate oneself in the appliance industry
· Product Specialists are expected to complete every transaction accurately; disclosing all information regarding policies that affect the customer such as: delivery, installation, consumer finance, special order, product features, layaway, etc
· Product Specialists will cooperate and maintain good rapport with fellow salespersons and employees of all departments throughout our organization, as well as with outside business partners
- Product Specialists must be well groomed, and apparel must be in line with the prevailing uniform requirements and day-to-day activities of the organization. A name tag must always be worn
· Demonstrate professionalism in all situations
- Product Specialists are expected to maintain workstations in a clean and organized manner. This means free of clutter, food and drinks, as well as any personalization
- Might support other team members to move displays or product throughout the store by applying proper lifting techniques
- Will support in other areas as needed
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Requires walking, standing, twisting, bending, and occasional repetitive movement.
· Requires using hand tools
· Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Occasionally will go outdoors.
· Available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
· Ability to sustain a good attendance track record.
· Customer service experience
· Computer literate (intermediate)
· Experience with Microsoft Suite
· Ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with internal and external customers
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with difficult customers
· Excellent writing (to ensure concise product order information is accurate for delivery or billing/invoicing purposes), verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Impeccable follow up and follow through skills
· Must be flexible, well organized, detail-oriented, able to handle a fast-paced work environment
· Present an eager, customer centric, confident and professional image
· Excited to be a part of a highly motivated and innovative company culture
· Bi-lingual Spanish/Tagalog/Vietnamese/Chinese/Korean preferred
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
· Ability to work on a full-time schedule, but part time is ok
Company is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Howard felt the best way to continue his legacy of creating lifelong customers was to make every employee a part owner. By doing this, he knew every employee would be focused on doing whatever it takes to make sure every customer is happy before, during, and after their purchase!