HR Operations Specialist
The Talent Acquisition department hires qualified candidates to fill positions which contribute to the overall strategic success of Howard University. Hiring staff "for fit" makes significant contributions to Howard University's overall mission.
The Human Resources Operations Specialist role helps to support the Workday core human capital management module transactions for the university.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal contacts may include senior administrators, faculty, students, and staff. External contacts may include vendors, consultants, and the public.
- Assists in the resolution of transaction-related problems and/or inquires received from department representatives and employees
- Manages the review process for all source data documentation pertaining to employee status changes in Workday
- Reviews Workday transactions for accuracy and integrity
- Participates in testing, trouble shooting and problem resolution in the human capital management system
- Interacts with clientele in related data activities, inquiries, and issues, and provides guidance
- Responsible for daily operations support to end users
- Plans and coordinates special HR Operations projects as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of multiple modules of Workday (i.e. Core HCM, Compensation, etc)
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and respond to customer needs
- Keen understanding of federal, District of Columbia, and University laws, statutes, regulations, and policies governing human resources related matters
- Skilled in communicating recommendations to internal and external customers
- Detailed-oriented and organized
- Exercises discretion and ensures an elevated level of confidentiality
- Applies research skills to access, understand, and apply relevant information, to detect and solve problems using good insight in recommendations
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of individuals
A Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of relevant human resources experience; 6+ years of Human Resources experiences in lieu of a degree
Excellent communication and decision-making skills
Howard UniversityWashington, DC
Get fresh HR Operations Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.