Howard University Hospital Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Howard University Hospital Engineering/ Plumbing department are an intelligent bunch that handles the core responsibilities at the hospital and in the Pharmacy Department. As a member of this team, you will know how to inspect, install, repair and replace pipe, valves, i-line devices and pipe fittings in steam, domestic hot water, heating hot water and chill water systems. You will also assist with the maintenance of the heating, cooling, domestic water systems, medical gas systems, and drainage systems throughout the Health Center. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Engineering/ Plumbing department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
- Studies engineering drawings, equipment technical information and sketches to determine equipment selection, routings, sizes and fittings required for the job.
- Performs maintenance and repair on a wide variety of plumbing, heating and cooling equipment, devices and equipment. This equipment includes but is not limited to sinks, pumps, steam traps, commodes, water coolers, water heaters, domestic hot water and heating tube bundles, water filters, vent systems, drainage systems, various pressures and non-pressure piping and other similar devices.
- Performs maintenance and installation on various medical gas and vacuum systems throughout the Health Center. Repairs blockages in vacuum piping systems and medical air compressors. Installs manifold valves and inspects these systems for proper operation.
- Measures, cuts, threads and bends pipe and tubing according to the specifications of the work order or project.
- Positions valves, couplings and other in-line devices by mechanical techniques.
Who do you report to?
- Director, Facilities