Nurse Manager, MICU
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Nurse Manager for the MICU who will embrace our rich and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Nurse Manager is accountable for assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating nursing care in his/her area of responsibility. The Manager assures adherence to Howard University Hospital’s (HUH’s) policies and procedures and supports and fosters the HUH mission and vision. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the quality of care provided to patients and the processes that lead to continuous performance improvement. His/Her role includes clinical practice, staff development, and continuing education, management, and leadership, consultation and support. The manager works with members of administration, physicians and other members of the multi-disciplinary staff to assure that lines of communication are open and processes for quality patient care and problem resolution are in place.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required,
- Master's Degree preferred,
- Five years of work experience in department-specific area, as defined by the department-specific certification requirements,
- Three Years of supervisory experience,
- Current District of Columbia nursing license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate through American Heart Association
- Certification in leadership within 1 year of eligibility
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
Howard University HospitalWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.