Medical Technology Generalist- Blood Bank
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Medical Technology Generalist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference. The primary duty of this position is to provide direct nursing care to patients. Collaborates with intra and interdisciplinary staff to accomplish patient care goals based on the needs of the patient and the institution. Participates in educational offerings and presents as requested.
The Medical Technology Generalist:
- Interacts internally with pathologists, clinicians, laboratory staff, residents, and students for the purpose of providing assistance and support during laboratory testing and training sessions. External contacts include staff from various accrediting organizations and regulatory agencies
- Performs Quality Control (QC) and complex patient testing, develops skills, and maintains competency in routine, “specials” and assigned laboratory areas
- Performs patient and QC material tests and reports result in accordance with departmental policy
- Ensures error rate is consistent with established departmental standards
- Reports and documents critical and corrected values per medical laboratory policy
- Incorporates clinical correlation of results with other known patients in result verification per department procedure including delta checks
- Prioritizes and manages workload to meet or exceed established Turn-Around-Times (TATs)
- Maintains competencies and new skills as technologies change
- Assesses proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents
- Receives, stores, and properly verify reagents for quality prior to use, per departmental policy
- Utilizes reagents and supplies according to the manufacturer and/or procedural instructions
- Disposes of reagents and supplies in accordance with departmental safety guidelines
- Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and maintenance responsibilities
Qualified Candidates will possess
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or related field, with a registry by the American Society of Pathologists (ASCP) (MT), (H/C), or an equivalent registry. Five (5) years of progressive work experience in an accredited laboratory
- Blood Bank, Microbiology and Core Lab experience preferred
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
Howard University Hospital
HealthcareView all jobs at Howard University Hospital
Get fresh United Blood Service jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.